ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t Race It Yet!

Amazing aint it...still running my new 182 in and every bugger in the world wants to race me!

Pulled out of a junction today and needed a bit of speed quick...not let down at all i was soon seeing 70mph (cant hurt with the occasional slip over 3500rpm!).

Then i slowed down to the speed limit of 50mph..all of a sudden i have a red calibra up my arse....what a w**ker...

The sad thing is i carried on (restrained of me) along at 50 and it was a massive straight road...the guy didnt seem to have the bottle to even overtake!

What did he want me to do?...is he one of those dickheads who thinks he is racing you by staying behind me....it is all well and good but on country lanes it is far easier to follow then to lead...i am sure if i had gone through the run in period he would have been a distant image in my rvm as calibras are crap!

still ..a moment to pause...round the next blind bend was a lorry reversing out over both sides of the road....makes you think..i would have been doing about 60+ if i decided to race...i might have stopped..he wouldnt...

[Edited by cnic69 on 12 May 2004 at 11:40pm]

what does bedding in mean? f**kING rape it mate, the 172s had hot engines and slow ones, on further questioning, the link seemed to be how they had been run in, 172s that werent runin and were given death from day one seemed to be quicker then 172s that had been run in as recomended by renault! Another fact, the quickest MK1 clios on the forum( My old one, Adis, and Jons) were given a very very hard life, the harder you drive them, the quicker they seem to get, juts make sure you aint stupid with it, make sure the engine is nice and warm, and keep on top of your maintenence, oil/plugs/oil filter/fuel filter etc!

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 13 May 2004

the harder you drive them, the quicker they seem to get, juts make sure you aint stupid with it, make sure the engine is nice and warm, and keep on top of your maintenence, oil/plugs/oil filter/fuel filter etc!
agreed