ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can a diffuser be wrapped?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im not sure if mark ment from the heat of the exhaust not the heat of applying the vinyl. either way it will be fine ive saw them done before on other cars, diffuser shouldnt get too hot.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep, it'd be fine mate.

Have you scratched yours or something, or just purely for cosmetics?

Personally I'm a bit more skeptical than others so far. Exhaust temps are in the region of 600 degrees C, it's just a case of how hot does an actual exhaust tip get? (besides "hot") Still, potential excuse for you to make another spreadsheet :p selotape a pound shop thermometer to it, video it during a spirited drive and plot the results. You'd enjoy that ;)

Apparantly for the proper 3M stuff the "Temperature range after application -65 to +225F (-60 to +107C)" http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?11111FfKW5rDxIEe&3E18IEeqGfBq5fKTGd1qGd1q111111--

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the cat will get in the region of 600-700deg, but the tips will be a lot cooler (still hot).
The hidden side of the defuser has quite heavy heatshielding so I wouldn't expect too many issues

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
the cat will get in the region of 600-700deg, but the tips will be a lot cooler (still hot).
The hidden side of the defuser has quite heavy heatshielding so I wouldn't expect too many issues

This is good to know. As said, it's short term thing only and I'm not after an impeccable finish.

No one have any suggestions as to where's the best place to call?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Totally-Dynamic wrapped my roof and did a very good job. Said anything on a car can be easily wrapped.

The have a number of workshops around the country.