ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can any body help

B

bach 172

hi just lately ive noticed that my 172 will rev up on it own when i come to stop the car when i put the cluch down.it will slowley creep up to about 2k revs and if i push the accerator pedal down or put my foot under it and lift it the revs will return to normal.has any body else had this problum .thanks

182, SQ7, Trafic
Common Problem, but could be two things...

1. Throttle Body > Plenum Gasket - Take of your throttle body remove the VERY thin paper gasket and get some gasket paste for it instead.

2. Throttle cable getting stuck inside cover - New Throttle cable, try the first one first though as its more probable being that

I done them the other way round :( But mine still does it a little every now and a again when sitting in traffic, but its not a lot so not too worried :)

Hope this helps!

B

bach 172

Common Problem, but could be two things...

1. Throttle Body > Plenum Gasket - Take of your throttle body remove the VERY thin paper gasket and get some gasket paste for it instead.

2. Throttle cable getting stuck inside cover - New Throttle cable, try the first one first though as its more probable being that

I done them the other way round :( But mine still does it a little every now and a again when sitting in traffic, but its not a lot so not too worried :)

Hope this helps!
thanks mate ill give thema go.