ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAN ANY1 HELP!!!!!

clio 172 cup
My airbag and service light are on? Tried bypassing the connectors under the seats and clean airbag ecu!hav no idea now wot 2 do?

No as not got that equipment!do u think that wud be all it needs?

All codes are logged so depends on what the light was up for, for example if the code was relating to the wiring under the drivers seat , just rewiring it isnt enough you have to clear the codes as well , but thats assuming the light was on for that reason mate , without reading the codes your pissing in the wind brother , could be a airbag open circuit which means the airbags had it etc

clio 172 cup
Yep was thinkin the same thing mate! Will get sum1 2 clear faults see if that works! Do u do it mate?

Rusty Cup
Is your car actually due an mot?

If it is not then I suggest the best thing you can do is absolutely nothing!! I can almost certainly guarantee the airbag light that I assume came on of its own accord for no obvious reason will disappear at some point in the not too distant future.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It's on for a reason perhaps you been playing with the seats, steering wheel etc and knocked, removed something, bruv need ta get da light checked innit badmanz at em oo tee station be hating da litez boss!

clio 172 cup
Havnt by passed airbag just the plug under seats removed plugs and connected them together wivout plugs?

Audi A5
Not convinced about the fault code having to be erased to put the light out on the dash. It's a live system and when the airbag, pretensioner etc is showing the correct resistance it should go out.

Saying that, your next move will be to get a code reader anyway as without that you really are just shooting in the dark.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
as bobby said once the fault is fixed the light will reset its self.

need to read the fault codes to find what is causing the fault.

also will need a diagnostic scanner that will read the Airbag ecu as most cheap OBD scanners will only read engine fault codes.

Ok mate mite be 2moz nite then? Wot time? And how much u wanting 2 hav a look 4 me?

Nothing mate like I say don't know if it'll show the code ! I don't know what time PM me your number and ill give you a text !

Theres no problem at all in removing the plugs and that won't be your problem it's quite a common issue and this helps !

Airbags obviously work on resistance and the plug moving in and out of connection slightly can Create a difference in resistance hence the light coming on , as log as you've cut the plug out and and soldered the wires correctly together it won't do anything other than making it hard to remove the seats ! But stops the resistance changes !