ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone help me with my pc/ Dead graphics card?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
it was windows 7 when it broke and i tried updating the drivers then, although this time i installed vista to see if it would make a difference, should i try a fresh install of windows 7?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
it was windows 7 when it broke and i tried updating the drivers then, although this time i installed vista to see if it would make a difference, should i try a fresh install of windows 7?

Hell yes. Don't even bother with Vista!

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Can't think of anyone to borrow a card of so I'm just going to go down to pc world and buy one and see how it goes!

In device manager it says windows hasaa stopped this device code 43 I think which I can't get rid of, also noticed my broken mouse all of a sudden allows me to do right click in ubuntu?

I had the same problem with my last packard bell pc a few years ago which then led me to buy this pc(also packard bell), which strangley developed the same problem, never going to buy packard bell again!

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Update: Just got a new card but have not opened it yet, on the box it says 3 years guarantee from Nvidia.
Im wondering if the card in my pc would have this warranty aswell? Its roughly been 2-3 years since ive had it or would it not be covered because it came as a part of a pc?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
No. Your peasant-spec PC World computer will only have 1 year warranty unless you stumped for the extended one.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Ive put the new card in (can tell already from the boot up screen that its fixed) and put the driver cd in it starts to boot goes to boot manager screen i choose my windows 7 and then it starts to load after 2 seconds a blue screen comes up and it restarts.

I have uninstalled and disabled the previous card, im lost as what to do?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Trying to install windows 7 atm, it keeps getting stuck at either setup is copying temporary files or when it gets past that it never moves from 0%.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Its the same copy iv installed on my pc before, ill have to get another copy.

But ive just put vista on it and put the new card in and put the drivers disk in it, how do i get it to install i keep getting a blue screen and it then restarts?

clio
You've taken the old card out right?
If so
Blue screening on install could be pointing to a different hardware issue. Maybe the m board or memory..

Maybe u haven't got something seated correctly.

Has the BIOS git any diagnostic tools you can run.? Or get a mem test tool

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Blue screen says something like The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.
Im guessing it needs to be updated?
Trying to update it but struggling on how as everytime i go on the internet (using the old card) it flash player crashes causing the intenet to be closed.

It wont even let me run the diagnostic tools it crashes and goes to the blue screen.

Running memory diagnostic tool right now, (not quite sure what it does though)

Last edited:
  clio
If it worked before I'd leave the BIOS update for now . Just reset to factory defaults instead. And run any diagnostics . Have a look around on the motherboard for capacitors which have exploded too

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Ran diagnostics no problem there, no exploded capacitors.

Still keeps restarting with the new card, how am i ment to install it if all it does is restart! :/

clio
Could be psu not providing enough power , then when a particular device starts it gets unstable and restarts.. check the voltages / temps

Could be a dodgy gfx slot

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
They can be checked in the bios, am I right? If so ill check them.

Ill also upload a pic of the blue screen.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Blue screen:
pccc.jpg

pcc.jpg

clio
Usually can see the temps / volts in there . Not always reliable though as can be fine until a blip then its restated

clio
All looks ok... Have you still git the original drive you removed first time ? Id put that back in to see what happens

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Yes, same problem on both drives, it restarts!
Second drive is the one ive formatted with a fresh copy of vista, first drive is windows 7.
IV tried uninstalling the old drivers and then putting the card in it doesnt seem to make any difference, im lost what to do try next :/

clio
As long as you think the installs aren't corrupted. Only thing left is to start swapping out other hardware. Borrow a psu / try yours in a diff machine. / memory would be next on my list .. Mother board will be more difficult but my guess ( based on nothing but sods law) is it is prob to blame .. might be blown caps / cracks in solder under the heatsink or in places you can't see with it in place

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Going to do the mem test now, do i just download the usb installer and thats it?
I did that plugged in the usb and at boot it says no bootable device found? :/

Update: My pc doesnt seem to like booting up from usb?

Just burned it to a disk and its now running, will post results when its done, thanks for all the help so far.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Its been going for 4 hours 15 mins and doesnt look like its going to stop any time soon?
It shows pass 2 and errors 0.

When does it finish/stop?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Kirklees-20111003-00229.jpg

Well i let it run for 6 hours, and the result is above, it said 0 errors 3 passes.

What do you suggest i try next im lost as what to do?