ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone help me...

Black 182 + Recaros
Okay, here's my problem-

I recently hit a massive hole and I've had handling problems ever since (understeering and very unsettled).

My car is a 182 (with cup pack).

I've taken it to two independant garages and between them they have done this-
- Left suspension arm and ball joint replaced
- Camber bolts fitted (because the camber was way off)
- Full tracking report and numerous adjustments made
- Full wheel balancing
- Total cost, nearly £300.

But none of this has resolved the problem.

The garages now say it might be this or it might be that. I dont mind paying, but I need to know that the problem will be sorted afterwards.

So here's the question-

I'm looking for a person or garage that is able to take the car for a serious test drive and for them to identify and fix the problem.

Anyone ?

P.S. I'm in Staffordshire, but will travel if you can sort this.

E class AMG Sport
Im having a similar problem. After 40mph the steering wheel starts to wobble. I am taking it to a garage on saturday but any feedback prior would be helpful.

- Left suspension arm and ball joint replaced
- Camber bolts fitted (because the camber was way off)
- Full tracking report and numerous adjustments made
- Full wheel balancing
- Total cost, nearly £300.

I'm looking for a person or garage that is able to take the car for a serious test drive and for them to identify and fix the problem.

Somehting realy wrong there subframe is bent you don't need to use cmaber bolts stock setup doens't need tit the garage who did then should be approcaed and asked why they did as it shows a very poor approach to fixing a problem.

I;d get the car up and check the subframe etc for damage plus ARB then get the tracking done and checked plus then start swopping the wheels round see if that makes anyn difference (amazing it can).

Black 182 + Recaros
Thanks everyone. I have the standard Cup suspension. As you say, if the camber was way-off, then we should be looking at the root cause, rather than fitting camber bolts.

How would you check the subframe ?

Clio 200
Hiya mate, good to see a fellow local! Have you tried Vantage in Newcastle, there really good and may be able to help!

Thanks everyone. I have the standard Cup suspension. As you say, if the camber was way-off, then we should be looking at the root cause, rather than fitting camber bolts.

How would you check the subframe ?

Yep fix the issue don't bodge repairs the damaged part has been bent beyond what it shoudl be so could fail later .

Check the subframe easy enough check it for bends/damage etc.

Megane 230 R26
Amazing what some of these cowboy garages do, if someone's suspension failed at speed, e.g. potentially 70mph or more on the motorway they could be a goner :S

Wholly irresponsible :mad:

I would go back to that garage and ask for your money back..why should you
pay for your car NOT being fixed.