ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Anyone Help?

Renault Clio 182
Took My car out this weekend, drove 30 miles or so as i was going shopping stopped for petrol on the way and the car struggled to start up, when i returned from shopping my car would not start at all so i had to bump her to get her going again as i was returning home most the lights on the dash came on and the speedo and rev counter stopped working under hard acceleration they came on then again turned of then my car litterally started juddering in traffic and completely stopped, then nothing the car would not start at all so i towed her home and got myself a new battery i also checked connection to the alternator that seemed all fine, however since putting a new battery in when you start the car up the stop light and battery light come on until you rev it for say 30 secs and it goes out so i am now thinking it may be a new alternator put a volt meter across the battery whilst running there is no increase or decrease can anyone shed anymore light on what this could be

Thanks in advance

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Should see an increase over the battery terminals when car is idling should read over 13.80

Renault Clio 182
umm I will double check the voltage but i did read some were poss alternator on the way out and i was looking at getting cams and all belts changed soon so maybe worth a new alternator?

Thanks for your help guys

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for the offer but think i may have one of my old clio kicking about but will pm you if not cheers mate