ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone reccomend a set of components

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Lads can anyone out there reccomend a good set of components 6.5" in size, need good mid bass from them and clear top ends.

I have k60 in place already but im gonna move them to the back of the car so does anyone have any reccomendations? Or should i get the 8" kicker mid bass drivers and mount these in the front along side the k60s???

What are polk audio components like cause i can get models in America for $200-$300 and ive noticed that over here they cost £600.

So if anyone has any ideas please help.

Ive got MB Quart PSD front components powered by a RF amp and it sounds fantastic. Apparently the PSC ones are even better.

Cant beat MB Quart stuff IMHO

tbh imo mb quart are amazing

cant go wrong with them, they look pretty ordinary...but you cant see them behind your door cards anyway!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Phoenix Gold QX5S Sound the tits!!

Run of a decent amp they will give you all the quality sound you could wish for !!

Are you on any particular budget or are you just after the best there is? If you want the best midrange and are prepared to make door builds then you should go for a set of the Digital Designs 6.5 subs in the front running with a set of high quality components.

I would highly recommend Focal, JL and Crystal as some of the best comps. Those Alpine R series are good quality for the price but models from the other 3 manufacturers above will be far better..but more expensive. We recently put a set of Alpines in a Renault 21 running off a Rockford 500x and they gave good midrange and subtle tweeter sounds...quite nice!!

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk

if you want a fairly cheap alternative i reccommend the pioneer e-motions, ive got some and they sound reqlly quite good. and they look good hiding behind the grills!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Im gonna be buying new door panels and making builds but i want more bass in he car especially up front im already running a ground zero 2350x amp and kicker l7 12" in a sealed box in the boot.

I want just really good loud clear vocals and mid range that will punch.

What about installing a set of components in the front and an 8" sub as well????

ive got the alpine type r components, and very pleased with the quality of them for the price. running them off mrv-t303 amp. made pods for them to go in to.

Pete

If you are making builds then you might as well get some DD 6.5s for the low end and a set of Alpine 6.5" R Types for the high end...that will sound very nice off a decent amp.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

@ evil Ice

What would be the pros/cons of installing an 8" sub in the front door supposing for talks sake that i get one to fit?

The pros being better bass reproduction and more depth to the sound. If youve got loads of bass in the back then you need to balance it out..well as best you can anyway.

The cons would be the size of the pod that you need and the fact that an 8" might be too much. 6.5 creates better midrange which is what people fit those kind of sizes for. 8" normally doesnt give enough mid so you dont hear the benefits..6.5" would be a much better choice if you were thinking of doing something mad..

Russ

well u would need a 6.5" or a 5.25" to back up the 8s a three way set up would be nice,

personally i like the Phonenix gold COMP ELITES, with 9" mid bass driver 6.5" mid and tweeter,

the MB QM speakers are there top of the range hand made speakers are fantastic we have one of the last sets in the UK,

but all above are very pricey,

Tom

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

So for an SQ point of view it would sound better with a set of components and the 6.5" for the mid range bass

But for an SPL point of view it would be louder having 8" subs in the front doors and they could be mounted no problems cause if im going to the trouble of getting new door cards and building pods i want to do something that looks and sounds mad.

If you are going for an SPL install..Im not so sure the 8s in the doors would affect the db reading too much if any at all. If you have 2, 4, 6 or however many subs in the back with large amps on them then you wont even hear the 8s in the install. I read somewhere on the internet that somebody in the SPL game put a small sub on top of his dash near enough right next to where the microphone sat to gain extra dbs. The reading actually dropped a fair bit...I dont think anyone has tried it since.

It would be good to turn up at a show with 8s in the doors but as far as SPL goes....definately not worth the hassle.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

Polks are awesome. Not many people have them, really really clear, nice treble not to harsh. However if you did not want to spend too much i would deffo just go for the Kicker 8" mid bass and have a 3way setup at the front and nothing in the back except for subs playing under 80hz as speakers will confuse the sound stage. Im sure Tom (aka cuptastic) will agree with the 3way setup as he is going for the same although with PGs and so am I with Polks as soon as Polk release the Momo 8" mid bass.

As for brand i would say go for an American brand for speakers stay away from Japanese speakers IMHO.

colin

yes i would agree, im having a 3 way set up in my front doors 9" mid bass drivers with 6.5" mids and a tweeter, works out to be something like 1200RMS in my front doors, but having said that power is not the key to success,

its all very well having nice speakers but positioning, amplification, equilisation, all have their key parts, ideally the spekers will be in different angles in the doors, we have just done a set of Kicker 3 ways win a fiesta including the 8" mid bass, each door mould was different drivers door was more facing the driver and passenger had a lesser angle (lots of maths about on axis and off axis, time correction, staging and path legths) but were talking perspex moulds????

same old debate, go for the best you can afford. before you buy try finding some cars with different speakers in and have a listen, they have all got a different sound, some quite harsh and some soft?

Tom

IMHO

Genesis A16.01 are one of the best currewntly available on the market, lovely crisp sound all for £200 RRP (you will get them cheaper, i can assure you)

if you dont want to go for genesis, the either Focal or MB Quart would be well worth investing in

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

id go for focal polykevlars ive got these in mine 2 sets and theyve been great the utopias arent really for spl thats y i didnt get those--6.5 inch kevlars £320