ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Clip

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
I’ve done some searching on the forum about CanClip and buying cracked versions,

Not much on the actual running of it?!

Is anyone abit of a whizz in the north west?

I’ve managed to “acquire” a system running CanClip (no it’s not stolen [emoji849])

However it seems to be very crash happy and slow to operate, now it’s running on the oldest IBM thinkpad I’ve ever seen, I’ve just bought it to clear the airbag faults. I’m getting my head round the system and for some reason it’s just not clearing my faults, when you rescan the faults are no longer there but yeah,

I’ve read it’s a confusing system to use compared to vagcom which is a understatement,

Anyone have any know how on using the system?!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
Have you fixed the fault or are you trying to reprogram it to ignore certain airbags?

I can clear them with RSTuner if needed. I'm in Warrington.

Hi James,

No, just trying to clear for now, I’ve had this car storage and now it’s got an airbag fault, and when I tested the system I got the below if you can relate

997700acbc45eca3914b748cf23db35f.jpg

I’d rather do it myself as I’ve bought the system, I don’t mind giving a few beers for a lesson on using the system though? [emoji102]

Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi James,

No, just trying to clear for now, I’ve had this car storage and now it’s got an airbag fault, and when I tested the system I got the below if you can relate

View attachment 1446173

I’d rather do it myself as I’ve bought the system, I don’t mind giving a few beers for a lesson on using the system though? [emoji102]

Cheers

You can't clear the faults without repairing the problem, it'll just come back.

You either need to sort the issue with the wiring or reprogram the airbag system to tell it it doesn't have certain things.

It's been a while since I've used Clip 😂

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
You can't clear the faults without repairing the problem, it'll just come back.

You either need to sort the issue with the wiring or reprogram the airbag system to tell it it doesn't have certain things.

It's been a while since I've used Clip [emoji23]

Yeah I that [emoji23]

I told the system it no longer has the two circuit systems (as you can reverse it) but obviously you can’t tell a computer it’s not got a computer if that makes sense

I watched this video and obviously he has different errors to me, but the process should be the same

Originally when you turned the ignition on the airbag and service light didn’t go out, then I reprogrammed the system and cleared the faults, cycled the ignition and the the lights now go off and then come back on after 5 seconds,

Wether this can be classed as progress I don’t know!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I that [emoji23]

I told the system it no longer has the two circuit systems (as you can reverse it) but obviously you can’t tell a computer it’s not got a computer if that makes sense

I watched this video and obviously he has different errors to me, but the process should be the same

Originally when you turned the ignition on the airbag and service light didn’t go out, then I reprogrammed the system and cleared the faults, cycled the ignition and the the lights now go off and then come back on after 5 seconds,

Wether this can be classed as progress I don’t know!

If you have told the system that it's no longer there you need to then unplug the wiring, otherwise it's basically seeing a foreign object that shouldn't be there and bring the lights back on.

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
If you have told the system that it's no longer there you need to then unplug the wiring, otherwise it's basically seeing a foreign object that shouldn't be there and bring the lights back on.

Well tbh with you I thought this might be the case,

On the video he has a fault return and it’s basically because someone has “bodged” it and put a resistor in, however he mentioned unplugging somewhere,

Anyway, il unplug the seats tomorrow and reset the system again and see if I get any more progress!

Did you say you use? RSTuner? I’m assuming that’s a CanClip like system?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Well tbh with you I thought this might be the case,

On the video he has a fault return and it’s basically because someone has “bodged” it and put a resistor in, however he mentioned unplugging somewhere,

Anyway, il unplug the seats tomorrow and reset the system again and see if I get any more progress!

Did you say you use? RSTuner? I’m assuming that’s a CanClip like system?

It plugs in to OBD like Clip yeah.

It's a bit of an old school thing that was popular back in the day for flashing remap files.

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
It plugs in to OBD like Clip yeah.

It's a bit of an old school thing that was popular back in the day for flashing remap files.

Yeah! Haha I’ve just had a google! Looks like c++ [emoji23]