ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can I just say V6s are

Clio v6

When it is finally built, will the " New 2004 muscle v6" be on the drawing board to pee off Mk2 owners?

Clio 2004

"A powerfull 2-litre unit will also be available and Renault will of course again develop a muscle V6".

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

But they have to worry about emissions and economy and fuel octane ratings in Russia - by 2004 there will be a Mk1 400bhp sequentially geared V6 which the Mk3 will never keep up with - manufacturers - know a lot - seriously constrained by legislation - poor buggers,

Now wheres my avgas

Mines going to be 315 bhp tomorrow, cant wait. If it runs ok at 315 will go up to 390bhp, with a nitrous controller.

Lovely - gearbox will need decent nitrous control if you dont want to find it up the street!!!

Whos done the NOS and got any pics

Mike

Its a highpower system using one of there nitrous controllers. Gear box and hopefully clutch should be ok, dont no if the ignition will handle over 100 yet.

Its being fitted by a company in Churt called The Phirm, good mates of mine and they no there stuff, they done a lot of work on my 911.

Will not be able to post any pics as the whole instal is being hidden away, all coloured piping etc is being covered up pulsoids can not be seen from the top or bottem of engine bay. Only thing you can see is the 11 lb nitrous bottle that is going behind the drivers seat, that will also be covered up by a fake base box.

standard ecu will deal with injector upsizing a little and should be fine - it just doesnt like dealing with boost so I had to go Motec - should be fun!!!

Mike

pm me your e mail and Ill send a performance predictor for you on the car - looks like 4.0 to 60!!!!

Youll need excel

V6 Clio Mk1 with a supercharger/intercooler and a huge long list of other stuff which is on another thread somewhere - basically bulkhead, seats, harnesses, all important driver touchpoints, suspension, brakes,wheels, tyres, fuel system, intercom, race technology stuff for track days, mirrors, ice etc etc - next includes MK2 rear and new dash driven by Motec ECU for datalogging and Ive never lived in Sussex - to poor because of cars!!!

Did the predictor work OK?

Mike -

Mike

F T A O - ZEEMAX - the nos kits do work mate - ive got a 150 bhp kit on my v6 with a progresive controller - at the moment its running 330 bhp ( 100 bhp jet fitted at present ) and does the qtr mile in 13.6 at over 106 mph. There a wicked source of power and there reliable as well. The gearbox can handle the power - no problem. Ive got 2 x 5 pound bottles in my car each fitted behind the drivers seat - only expect 6 runs up the strip before your gas runs out though mate.

list of cars beat

porsche - bmw m3 - mits evo 6 tommi makinen (twice) - mr2 turbo - audi a3 turbo - jag xk8 - pontiac trans am firehawk (330bhp ) - rs turbo - and lots more.

PETE - me a 1.2 clio - sort your head out barrymore.

Just read the thread with interest.

I absoulotly love my new V6 and i dont care if a robin reliant overtook me,speeds not everything.

It seems like alot of jealousy going on,might be wrong,who cares.

As for the fat comment,i dont think a fat person could actually get into a V6 due to the bloody great side skirts youve got to step over to get into the thing.

Very funny thread,keep up the good work boys.........if anyone wants to tell me its a crap car go ahead i wont be offended.

Seany

cb1a, Mines still not ready Ive got a polished 11lb bottle behind the seat, should go a bit better than having the 5lb bottles as the presure stays higher. Im going for 100bhp with a controller but its one of the old minimax so I dont no how it will be, should be ok.

Have you done any other mods to the car as I have removed the cats and fitted a ram air filter.

Have to meet up at pod for one of the rwybs.

Dan.

Mike T sounds like you have spent a fortune on your v6? wheres the best place to get upgrades for the car as I cant find anyone that deals in performance parts. How much did the super charger cost including fitting as I may be interested in one of those. My nitrous is still not 100% fitted should be ready tom, hopefully.

I had a look at the performance predictor but to be truthfull it was a little bit over my head.

Dont no who the question "do you live in sussex" was for but I live in Surrey do spend some time in the sussex area though.

im fitting either a 270 bhp or a 3.3 330bhp conversion shortly - my mate project 254 is supplying and fitting the engine. With the nos that should take it to well over 400 bhp - if its quick enough without nos i will l leave it off. Im aiming to get either an 11 - 12 second qtr next season.

ZEEMAX - if you want to tune your v6 to immense power pm project 254.

The 11 pound bottle wont make any difference in power. The reason ive fitted 2 x 5 pound bottles is that theres nowhere to fit a big old 11 pound bottle - i will put some pictures through tommorow of my set up - keep your eyes peeled.