ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I transfer programmes betwen pc's?

Hi guys

I have photoshop 7 on my desktop and just opened the box to install it on my laptop but disc no where to be found :(

Can I transfer the copy on the desktop to the laptop by other means i.e. cd/usb pen or email?

TIA!

No, cos the info that is on your PC is not whats on the CD. The installer that is on the CD put entries in your registry and s**t like that.

Unfortunately its not just a case of copying you Adobe folder onto a CD.

Im sure the techies will tell me there is a way by copying registry files and stuff but i can gaurantee it wont be simple.

RB 182
No you are right Dan.

Some programs let you copy across but as a rule you can't, this is because when programs install they add values to the registry and these won't be copied across when you drag and drop.

^^Cheers lads I thought so, was hoping somebody knew of a downloadabe software that did all that stuff for you lol!!

dont you know anyone with a copy. If you have a genuine version and serial number your not really doing any harm by making a copy of someones disk.

RB 182
I've got it on my computer actually, just found it. Tell me how I can transfer it and I'll see what I can do.

It's 160Mb uncompressed though, currently compressing it if you want it.

^^Do you mean you have it installed on your pc because I already have that or is t like a cd version on your pc?

TIA!