ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I use eibach, apex Koni combo? :-/

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Ok you might think this sounds a bit strange but hear me out..

I am currently running sportline springs and I just bought some koni adjustable dampers which come with apex springs.

I'm happy with the ride height at the front but the rear is still to high.

My question is do you think I can use sportlines on the front and apex springs on the back as I know apex spring lower alot more on the rear.

I think running apex springs on the rear would mean the rear would be stiffer than the front?

I do track days so I want it to handle well, its not just for looks.

Clio 172 ff
There's probably no way of knowing unless you try it out (or if someone else has tried it).

It's very likely, however, that it will screw up the handling, as springs are developed to work best when used as a full kit. Front and rear are tuned to each others characteristics, after all. So, if the Apex springs are rather stiff, as you say (and as I read before on here), you should probably expect some serious oversteer tendencies, I suppose. Might even be dangerously oversteery.