ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can OBD reader display Clio auto transmission temp?

Clio
Hi.
I want to change the automatic transmission fluid on my 2004 Clio MK2 expression 1.4 automatic. I need to be able to read the fluid temp when I refill. I have an OBD reader which gives various readings using 'car scanner' but no auto trans fluid temp reading. Can I read the temperature of the automatic transmission fluid somehow? I don't want to buy other OBD scanner apps (like Torque pro) if they are not going to work. Thanks.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Found that thread on another forum, has some decent information about renewing the fluid.

Use a length of standard garden hose with a funnel attached to one end and the other end of the hose in to the filler on the gearbox when refilling.

Do you really need to know the temperature of the fluid going back in to the box? I don't think the box has a temperature sensor anyway but honestly don't know.