ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can stripped spark plug threads be fixed?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
as above
my sport has blown a plug out of the threads:( can this be fixed or will i have to strip the head off and replace it?

clio 172
you can tap the old hole, buy apart that fits in original hole and then plug fits in the new part if you get what imean?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Our track car had a stripped plug in No4, we managed to fix it with a coil and its been spot on since.

ITB'd MK1
looks spot on. remember to put the piston on the effected cylinder at the top, put plenty of grease on the tap (to catch swarf) and turn the engine over with no plugs in to blow any bits of swarf out before fitting the new insert :)

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
looks spot on. remember to put the piston on the effected cylinder at the top, put plenty of grease on the tap (to catch swarf) and turn the engine over with no plugs in to blow any bits of swarf out before fitting the new insert :)

thanks thats saved me a lot of pain and money stripping the head :)
i'm off to bed now i'll be able to sleep :sleepy: