ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can the clio 200 be a grower

Shed.
a grower ?

Renault-Clio_RS_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

after all the dodgy shots, i think actually this might actually grow on me. its no 197 though

wonder what it would look like with the black sprayed silver ? surley a good mod to do

Well, i didnt like the 197 at first but now im very fond of it. I dont like the look of the new 200, they should have re designed the full lot and not just the front bumper, but perhaps over time ill grow fond of it.

I think we all once said, that the 197 was no 182. Now the 182 is old and dated and looks s**t, and the 197 is a fresh change from the piece of plastic crap known as the 182.

TT 225
a grower ?

Renault-Clio_RS_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

after all the dodgy shots, i think actually this might actually grow on me. its no 197 though

wonder what it would look like with the black sprayed silver ? surley a good mod to do

someone PS the front of this silver and it will look like a 206 gti. shite

Swift Sport
I'm rapidly going off the Clio 200, thought it didn't look too bad at first but I'm changing my mind more and more every time I see it.

However, I think Alien Green looks awesome!

Hyundai i40
When the 182 came out I didn't like it, when the R26 came out I didn't like it and when the 197 came out I didn't like that either - all of which I now think look great.

Think I will reserve my initial impressions for a while.

agree with you there

Shed.
I'm rapidly going off the Clio 200, thought it didn't look too bad at first but I'm changing my mind more and more every time I see it.

However, I think Alien Green looks awesome!

aye the green does look good, i think the front end look shite, if it was possible to swap it with the 197's i would definately be interested.

200 Gordini
If they made the front bigger they should of made the back end a touch bigger too. The nimbus above looks a bit weird

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The front lets it down... hugely!

It doesnt 'flow' like the 197 i.e the front grille to the lights to the curves on the panels on the 197 all join up and look aggresive but the 200 just doesn't.

Also the bit where the number plate will be sticks out a bit too much.

I like the wheels, spoiler, tailpipes etc but the front is a no go.

The answer to the OP is no i really dont think it will grow on me. I know i'd be getting a 197 over the 200 Fo' Sho' (new meg ftw)

holy s**t.. thats fugly though... surley it will be only 6 months before they facelift this mutha..

renault-clio-renaultsport-200-4.jpg

DSC04361.jpg

Agree with nothing flowing.

Check my bad selfs car^ ;) Look at the way the grille flows into the Black headlight surround, which then carries on into the wing swage line and up the A pillar. Its meant to be there, not like some butchered on effort. Poor effort imo. A nip and tuck like a Mk2 Phase 2 Meggy would have sufficed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seen it in the flesh and i don't like ot at all.

Naff exhausts, stupid front grill and wierd interior options. Gash.

When i first saw the promo shots for the GT spec Clio, I thought not a bad face lift and thought that the RS version would look even better and tempt me into parting with my cash. No chance now, think my R27 will stay with me for a couple of years and I'll start tweaking it - KW coilovers first.

alien green rs133
i would bodge the old 197 headlights and bumper onto a 200 :D in fact for 3bhp just buy a fecking 197

Golf GTD Mk7
not overly fond of it, but it's not hideous. Is it wrong that i quite like the alien green? :S

Well, Renault sure messed up there. If loads of members on a ClioSport enthusiast website don't like it... they have no chance! We make up a large portion of their target audience, and so far not 1 person likes it.

Bad times, Renault.

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
Wait until it hits the showrooms and then see how it looks up close, my dealer has deposits on 2 already! One green, one LY. If the spec is good and the i.d. options give it a personal feel then it might sell. Remember the front and rear (and mirrors I assume?) come in matt anthracite OR gloss black.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
might look ok, in black, if they made the front bumper fit the wing properly, as them headlights just look wrong with the bumper, and i don't like the green, and the wingmirrors are crummy

MKIII 138
it will sell i think, sadly it looks like renault are lowering their aim when it comes to subtlety, classy lines and chique.. the chavy ness is starting to peep through hence i think it will actually sell more.

buying a used 197 for peanuts and fitting some throttle bodies would be my choice 210hp-220hp and extra torque + that noise :D

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
I fear this will be like with the Laguna, I'll like it at first and then hate it... :(
I hope this one does not last too much...

200 Gordini
The front lets it down... hugely!

It doesnt 'flow' like the 197 i.e the front grille to the lights to the curves on the panels on the 197 all join up and look aggresive but the 200 just doesn't.

Also the bit where the number plate will be sticks out a bit too much.

I like the wheels, spoiler, tailpipes etc but the front is a no go.

The answer to the OP is no i really dont think it will grow on me. I know i'd be getting a 197 over the 200 Fo' Sho' (new meg ftw)

DSC04361.jpg

Agree with nothing flowing.

Check my bad selfs car^ ;) Look at the way the grille flows into the Black headlight surround, which then carries on into the wing swage line and up the A pillar. Its meant to be there, not like some butchered on effort. Poor effort imo. A nip and tuck like a Mk2 Phase 2 Meggy would have sufficed.

YES YES YES YES YES.....:p

:rasp:

:sleepy: