ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you beleive this?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That disc does look well overdue replacing, how often do you check them for wear?

Yeah the inner lip looks to be quite deep. IIRC the rears as they do almost sh*t all on these things, have a max wear tolerance of something really small i.e.: sub millimeter ?? Someone with some real knowledge will confirm/deny this later I'm sure...

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The rear discs come with 8mm on them new and with the minimum recommended thickness on them 7mm so as above EG is on the right lines. The OP has got his monies worth out of them!

This has happened due to excessive heat caused by a sticky/sticking caliper. What's thickness of them OP?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
When I bought my Clio, the rears had a lip of about 1.5mm on each side - they were still fine :D

54 Clio 182 2.0
Having both rear disks fitted by halfords, my mechanic has since discovered that there was no spacer fitted between the disk and the axel, causing rubbing of the axel and my abs sensor (abs been faulty for a while) so now I'm going to sew the hell out of halfords!

Suzuki Jimny
) so now I'm going to sew the hell out of halfords!

sewing_kit_1.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Having both rear disks fitted by halfords, my mechanic has since discovered that there was no spacer fitted between the disk and the axel, causing rubbing of the axel and my abs sensor (abs been faulty for a while) so now I'm going to sew the hell out of halfords!

that's the spirit! You stich 'em right up!