ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you make the car go into TMPS learning mode without software?

Clio
Hi all,

I'm trying to sort this for my friends Clio (2015 plate) which has the TPMS sensors installed. They were never set up properly when they got installed and so it's had the dash light up for almost a year. MOT is due soon so it needs resolving.

I have the TPMS sensor reset tool, however is it possible to get the car into TPMS learning mode from a button combination press or other procedure to avoid having to take it to a garage to enable the learning mode?

I know this can be done on Fords and other manufacturers, but is Renault also possible (at least for a 2015 Clio)?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Mitch

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if it works on the Clio, but on the Megane you scroll to the tyre pressure reading and then press and hold the up button for a few seconds and it'll rescan and pick up each wheel as you drive.

That may not work for you though if it isn't picking the sensors up to begin with.

Clio
Not sure if it works on the Clio, but on the Megane you scroll to the tyre pressure reading and then press and hold the up button for a few seconds and it'll rescan and pick up each wheel as you drive.

That may not work for you though if it isn't picking the sensors up to begin with.
Hi James,

But that's if the original sensors are installed correct? These sensors have different ID's to the original ones stored which is why I need to get the car to store the new IDs. This is why I'm hoping the car can be put into learning mode without having to pay somebody to activate the learning mode.

On Ford you activate learning mode, it tells you which wheel is currently being learnt, you activate the senor with the tool, then the car picks up the new sensor. After that you can store the tyre pressure as normal.

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Ph2
Loads of videos on YouTube showing how to do a TPMS reset.

The system will be designed to pick up new IDs without needing to hard program them, assuming you have the correct sensors fitted as there’s loads of different types.

Also remember you need to do a continuous drive above 20km/h for 10-15mins for the system to learn and localise.