ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you recommend tyre sizes?

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I've just bought a set of 16" x 7" wheels without tyres. What tyre size would you recommend?

205/40
195/45
195/40

Any advise appreciated.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
True, I realise the price will be different.

Don't you think the 195/40's would make the handling best?

Skoda Fabia vRS
keep in mind a change in tyres size makes your speedo incorrect, fun and games when going through speed cameras or faced with a copper with a gun aimed at you

Fabia VRS & Yeti
keep in mind a change in tyres size makes your speedo incorrect, fun and games when going through speed cameras or faced with a copper with a gun aimed at you

A smaller profile like a 40 as opposed to a 45 would mean the wheel rotating more and making the speedo over read a bit so you would be under the speed indicated by the speedo.

My car had 14" wheels on it, I now have 15" wheels on. (think they were 55 tyres before and now their 50)
And when I go past one of them signs that tell you what speed you doing they tell me I'm doing 4-5mph less than what the speedo reads.
:rasp:

edit: If they were 60's that were on the 14's your theory would be correct! so they may have been! :rasp:

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
My car had 14" wheels on it, I now have 15" wheels on. (think they were 55 tyres before and now their 50)
And when I go past one of them signs that tell you what speed you doing they tell me I'm doing 4-5mph less than what the speedo reads.
:rasp:

99% of Renault speedos over read from the factory anyway, our Kangoo at work was way out lol