ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CANBUS developments?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What do you want to do? Ddt2000, ddt4all and Ren0link will let you get amongst it and do more than clip will let you, however got to be a bit careful as a lot if it is french

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
What do you want to do? Ddt2000, ddt4all and Ren0link will let you get amongst it and do more than clip will let you, however got to be a bit careful as a lot if it is french
I'm behind with the times now, Is a clip clone still the way to go for a DIY Renault guy or are any of the above a good alternative?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I'm behind with the times now, Is a clip clone still the way to go for a DIY Renault guy or are any of the above a good alternative?
Clip clone is still good for diagnostics and reprogramming airbag config etc. The others are fairly difficult to use in comparison but have some good features i.e. reset vin and airbag computer crash data, force some programming features that cant be done with clip etc. Need to be careful as it can go wrong fast if you hit the wrong button.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If its a cheap green board clone, they are terrible. However the gold board/full chip work well, no issues or disconnecting, had mine for years now.

This turned out alright. Stand by everything I said but would emphasise the cons are mostly one-time-only e.g. setup or an unknown DTC whereas most of the pros apply 24/7 e.g fast, lack of disconnects, finds all 1*2 ECUs.

Perfect as a daily, with clip in reserve for the one time in three years where you find something it can’t do.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member

This turned out alright. Stand by everything I said but would emphasise the cons are mostly one-time-only e.g. setup or an unknown DTC whereas most of the pros apply 24/7 e.g fast, lack of disconnects, finds all 1*2 ECUs.

Perfect as a daily, with clip in reserve for the one time in three years where you find something it can’t do.
ordered one!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Clip is still the boyo on original management. Have been using RsTuner quite a bit lately too and its quite user friendly, just cost of modules is the downside.

If your good with french Ren0link is great, and cheap. Works on modern windows software too.