ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelling a policy after 1 day? Urgent!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Basically i need to insure a car for just tomorrow but Renault wont insure me on it as it's a GTI and i'm not 21.

I was going to set up a new policy with admiral/elephant (well, anyone really) but i want to cancel it tomorrow as soon as i've got the car back from Sussex to Coventry.

Do they give you a cooling off period if you decide that you dont want to stay with them?

Would i incur any charges if i do cancel tomorrow?

Really need to sort this out today so any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
You will lose your deposit, unless you tell they your are paying buy cheque, but do not sedn one.

Mk2 Golf GTI
With Admiral will i have to pay the deposit/balance up front?

Or can i ''send'' a cheque as requested above?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
spirez said:
Or can i ''send'' a cheque as requested above?

Tell them you've had you cards stolen and need to insure today as picking up new car. Therefore you only have a cheque book as cards will take upto 5 days.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Insure it, then next day tell them it`s been modified, most will not accept this and offer refund.

BMW E46 330i Touring
They'll refund, but there's almost always an 'admin' fee which they never tell you about, as it's not them charging it, but their under writers. This fee will normally exceed the amount it costs just to get a policy for one day normally...

Just tell them you would like 1 day's worth of insurance?

always best to be honest as far as insurance is involved Imo.

Alfa Mito 155TB
By law you have entitlement to a full refund on monies paid for the cooling off period. The cooling off period is 14 days now.

We cancelled a policy one day into it last week and we got the £50 deposit back.

It was my gf's car the insurance company did try to insist they were going to keep the money as admin fee, I reminded them of the law and they refunded.