ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannot open door...

clio 1.2
Hello all, merry xmas,

have a new problem with the Clio. The passenger side interior handle is broken as they normally do AND the locking mech is jammed - doesn't unlock manually or with key or with the central locking - so cannot open that door at all.

Question is, has anyone had this problem? How easy would it be to remove the door card with the door shut?
This happened to my Vectra last year, the door card came off quite easily with the door shut.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

Will be the solenoid jammed, happened to a mate's car, ended up sorting it with a screw driver levering the solenoid.

Should be able to pull the door card away enough to gain access but will be difficult to completely remove it with the door shut

clio 1.2
Cheers guys,

Sorted it for now........took about an hour to remove the door card with the door shut. Not so difficult, but i was about to remove the seat, but thought hang on, lay it down and push it back. Got to the lock mech and unlocked it. Wey hey i thought as the door would open from both in and outside.........BUT........
What happens is, if the door is locked while it's shut it dosen't open again - back to square 1. The only way to open now is to wind the window down, pull the lock pin up as far as poss and open the door from outside while pulling on the lock pin.
Now, if the lock mech is locked with the door open, it's completely fine. But having said this, the plastic strip which runs up the side of the door is not on, with it on the lock mech messes up again, so i have to leave that off for now.

Wierd, but sorted for now. Also noticed a little whine from the central locking when opening using the button next to gear stick.

What a nightmare,