ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 1000D announced

Where the feck did that come from, all those people getting exited by rumour threads banging on about a 5D MKII are going to be gutted lol

My 350D just became worthless as a 2nd hand sale!

p.s. apparently there is a 430EX II as well...

Last edited:
  Cupra
Agree....I am curious to know how much of a gap they are putting between it and the 450D.

The one thing I dont understand is why Canon moved away from the CF card for the 450D and now the 1000D. A lot of people grow into the other cameras and it means you end up with cards that you cannot use or carry over.

On the other hand, they could intend for people using the Ixus and Powershots to step up to the 450D and still use their own cards.

Marketing people... honestly. :D

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
DIGIC 3, Live View, AI Servo, EOS cleaning system, 3fps upto 514 jpegs and comes with a 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.

Not a bad starter cam! and for prob sub £300, will start shipping end of July i've heard!
The price of 400Ds and 450Ds will fall rapidly so if your thinking of buying a Canon SLR soon wait until the release of the 1000D!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Don't really see the point unless it's dirt cheap. 450d should be simple enough for people to step up to.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah. Didn't realise the 450 was in line with the d80 price. Suppose it doesn't really make it entry level.

Is it me, or is the spec not that much different to the 400 / 450D???? In fact, its lower spec?!

I thought the higher the model number on Canons (apart from the professional cams) the higher the spec?

Last edited:
  Cupra
XXXXD = Consumers base model.
XXXD = Consumers model, (was) base model
XXD = Consumers model, next one up
5D = Prosumer
1D = Pro

The consumer models go up yearly from 300-350-400-450 or 10-20-30-40. The pro's just get a new "Mk" (I,II,III), the replacement name for the 5D is nothing more that a large rumour so who knows what that will be.
Basically, the more 0's, the lower the spec.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Surely it would only sell if its cheaper than the 450d ie under £300 and D40/60 price range.

Price will drop from the RRP, the RRP is lower than that of the 450D on release.

I can't see it failing, people in the market for the similar Nikons will check this out and its also not cripped by AF-S only lenses. It'll only fail in the eyes of people who cringe at 1.5fps RAW, which means nothing to an upgrading p&s user.