ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon heads - get ready to sell a kidney!

Cupra
I'm very curious to know what the actual price will be. I asked a mate of mine for some more info as he works for Canon, but he isn't actually that into cameras and wouldn't know an "L" from a Samyang.

I always hope for a glimpse of something top secret whenever I'm at their office, but new products are only introduced to the majority of staff pretty much on the day they go public.

I'm still looking forward to getting a call to say that there is a 5DIII for me to collect!! :)

Oil Burner
Why is it so special?

That focal range with a constant F4 aperture is very impressive (particularly if they do a better job than Nikon have), then also adding a built in 1.4tc so that you don't need to remove the lens from the body to add/remove a teleconverter - meaning no risk of getting dirt/water into the camera.

I would imagine it will be about £6 -7k once prices settle. I just wish they would launch it, it was announced ages ago!

2.2 bar shed.
then also adding a built in 1.4tc so that you don't need to remove the lens from the body to add/remove a teleconverter - meaning no risk of getting dirt/water into the camera.

Dont forget that the TC can be tuned for the lens, and thus will provide better results than the generic TC's. Seriously though, this was announced AGES ago, get it together ;) Im more excited about the 14 - 24 thats been rumoured...

I've been out the loop for a while now but wow they actually made it and with a built in TC, wtf! lucky for me I'm not a gear head anymore... honest :S