ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon Macro Lens

Anyone have any reccomendations?

Im after one of these now for the collection :)

I was looking at the 100mm 2.8 but wondered what people on here have first.

A red missile
Macro is one of those things i'd like to try but just can't justify the price of the lens, I know full well i'd buy one, use it twice then stick it in the kitbag and forget it.

It was the same with tilt and shift, liked the look of that then looked at the price of the lens' then it was more a case of tilt and s**t.

Cupra
Just buy second hand and sell again when you get bored. I've done it with quite a few lenses and have not lost a penny yet.

GW RS200
Sorry for taking ages to reply! Here is a test shot I did this afternoon. I think I bought it from one of the ebay HK dealers who had immaculate feedback. 100% crop at bottom... The 'shroom got a bit blown out, but you get the idea! Actual striations on fingernail from scissors visible...

mushroom.jpg

mushroom2.jpg

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Holy thread bump, batman !!

I'm intrigued by macro lenses... I've got a Tamron 70-300 zoom/macro which was cheap and frankly is brilliant ! Haven't really used the macro function too much though, infact haven't used it at all on purpose anyway.

What will these below at £400/£700 do that my 300mm macro won't do ?! Also is the L spec glass worth the double in price !? I don't know anything about these lenses at all....

Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM £399.99
Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM
£709.00

Thanks !

these were taken with my 5D2 and 100mm macro, the L version has IS and better build quality thats it really TBH you'd not see any sharpness difference between the two

spiderm.jpg

4943301964_650de413a8_b.jpg

Anyone have any reccomendations?

Im after one of these now for the collection :)

I was looking at the 100mm 2.8 but wondered what people on here have first.

Last edited: