ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon vs Nikon

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've used a Canon 5D for ages now, but it looks like I might be getting
a job at a makeover studio using their equipment, I forgot ask what they use
i'm asuming it will be either Canon or Nikon.

I'm thinking one DSLR is the same as another, i've never even held a Nikon DSLR
are they as easy to use as a Canon?

Bearing in mind i'll be setting colour temp, WB, metering & focus points etc.

2.2 bar shed.
You might prefer it if you've never held a Nikon. Personally I hate the things, I think their design is terrible and they look ugly as can be. Although saying that they reproduce colours a bit nicer and fend better at high ISO's.

Bring on the 5DIII.

Fiesta ST-3
Can of worms..... opened.

I had a canon and switched to Nikon. The transition was really easy for me and I've never looked back. Nikon FTW, Canon FTL. Simple.

Cupra
They'll probably have a 1000D or something. There was a children's portrait studio in the local supermarket. They are a huge franchise, and the photographer was using a nikon bridge camera. The year before it was a D40. Their pictures are pretty s**te too, just a photo factory at the end of the day.

Anyway, I digress.... I like using Nikon as much as Canon, as long as the equipment helps you get the shot that you want, it doesn't matter what label is on it. Good luck with the new job, hope it all goes well.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FLOL .. worms indeed.

I tried a comparable (at the time) 450d and a d60 (?!) when I wanted my first one. I got on better with the Canon. When I upgraded, I already had a bunch of stuff for Canon so it was a no-brainer.

All SLRs are like cars .. essentially they all do the same thing and have the same controls but they all do it slightly differently... Once you find out where all the buttons are, the rules are the same :cool:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
TBH whenever I have to program the Canon I have to get the manual out anyway,
I can never remember which metering symbol means what.:S

The advantage of studio is it's totally controlable, once i've set the camera up then
thats pretty much it.

Oh, and i'm going to be working for a soulless photo factory that treats it's
coustomers like cows waiting to be milked, but it's either that or work in a warehouse.

I think i'd rather carry on earning a wage using a camera.
At least I can carry on taking freelance jobs as their flexible with their photographers.