ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant find reverse gear!!

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Today my mechanic friend changed my reverse light switch on my car. Before he had it the car went into reverse gear perfectly, just like any other gear but the reverse lights didn't work, so I had my reverse light switch changed. The car came back and the reverse lights work when I go into reverse gear, great! The problem now is that the car will not go into reverse like it used to, now I have to lift up and slide to the left and wiggle around for a while until I feel it drop in then I can push forward into reverse. If I try it normally like before, it feels as if I'm trying to push through a brick wall and it will not go in until I wiggle around before pushing forward! I hope that makes sense. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible he has knocked something while fitting the switch?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Gear linkage needs adjusting,
there's a 3mm difference on mine between having reverse or 5th but not both,
somewhere in the middle is the sweet spot where I have all gears.

Hope that makes sense as i'm quite drunk.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Gear linkage needs adjusting,
there's a 3mm difference on mine between having reverse or 5th but not both,
somewhere in the middle is the sweet spot where I have all gears.

Hope that makes sense as i'm quite drunk.

Thanks Dave! Is the linkage easy to adjust?