ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant get Clio Dynamique BILLABONG 2003, 1.2 to start anymore

Clio 1.2 03
Hi guys,

I was wondering of any of the fine and knowledgeable people on this forum would be able to give me some advice on a problem I have encountered getting my car to start. It is a Clio Dynamique BILLABONG 2003, 1.2 Petrol.

Basically, I went to start the car on Monday morning after it was fine on Friday and it wouldn't start at all. From what I could tell the battery was near dead for some reason. as the headlights wouldn't come on, etc. Anyway I purchased a new battery and installed it which seemed to correct the dead battery issue as the lights, and everything seems to now work. However, now I have an issue of the engine not seeming to start. So the engine comes on and it does the usual spluttering for a few seconds then it just goes off. It is like the starter motor is fine, but it just fails to turn over.

After some reading I read that the most common reason for this to happen is that the crankshaft sensor needs cleaning. So I took the crankshaft sensor out and gave it a good clean, but no joy.

So obviously there is the possibility of the sensor itself just needing to be replaced, however I don't want to jump into buying a new one without knowing for sure.

So I was wondering if someone could possibly give me a list of things to check before I begin purchasing things (and if I then do need to start buying things, listing the cheapest/most likely first)

Anyway, sorry I couldn't give more information than that. Im not the most expert of mechanics but Ill answer any questions I can.

Thanks guys (and girls)

Clio 1.2 03
I don't know. Its not something I know enough about, so ill do some research tomorrow and have a look tomorrow evening.