ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car alarm?

ph1 172
So i went to test the alarm on my 172. pressed the key fob to arm, then opened the bonnet...nothing happened. Does this sound like my alarm is broke??

RB 182
Have you checked the bonnet sensor?

When you say opened the bonnet, did you realise the catch and then open or what?

ph1 172
yea thats what i thought as i unhooked the bonnet, then set the alarm.

Maybe ill try opening the bonnet and holding the sensor down, then putting the alarm on, and releasing the sensor?

RB 182
If you had the bonnet open already the bonnet sensor won't be active I wouldn't have thought.

Try setting the alarm with the sensor pressed down to fool the system and then release the sensor to be able to the test the alarm. Otherwise blip the car to lock it and then open the car door with the key works.

ph1 172
So ive just put the alarm on and opened the door with the key, nothing happened, no alarm. any ideas what the problem is??

You do have an alarm don't you ie a flashing light down by the gearstick and two sensor on the dorr pillars don't you?
Import don't have alarms fitted as standard only Uk spec cars your might be an import.

ph1 172
no it def has sensors and a flashing light, im puzzled!! think its worth taking to a garage to have a look?