ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car almost stalling when setting off

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
Hi,

I have a 02 clio extreme, and when i set off (this is worse when the engines cold) the car shakes really bad and limps until i get to about 2k revs, then when i go into second it will limp a tiny abit until 2k revs.

Also when the cars idle, the rev needle wont stay still and sometimes the car stalls itself or the engine will tremble.

Any idea's?

I thought the car might need a service, but ive checked the log and it got serviced at 37k, and its on 43k now. Surely its not that?

Please can you help?

Thanks!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Spark plugs or HT leads or Coil Pack or Throttle body.

Well thats what I was told about a similar issue on my last 172. Gave the throttle body a good clean and it seemed to solve it.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
its the black thing on the side of the engine the Air box feed straigh into it. get the big tube from air box till u reach the end ull find it look like a black bar of soap with a big chunk of mettal on the side. hope it help if not do a seach plenty of picture on here mate.