ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car being a pain..

Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique
the last two night i have coem to my car at work it hasnt started, it had unlocked with the rcl and everything works, lights heaters, wewindows.. all lightscome on on the dash but it just turns over and wont catch, and i have bump started it,

jsut phoned the garage and he reckons it could be a coolant sensor, although last time it would nt work was because the battery in the key fob was knackered and wouldnt start the immobiliser..

how easy is it to change the battery in the key fob i dont want to do it and then find out it has to be re-programed at renault...

thanks

525 E34, Alfa 156, Clio
If it's like mine, it's easy enough. Remove the key from the key ring, and push the top half (button-side) of the key body sideways (away from the key shaft). This should split it in half. The battery's inside. It's a 3V CR2016 coin-cell.

I'm not convinced that it's the fault though, to be honest. Why would it bump-start but not key-start? For that matter, why would it bump-start if the coolant sensor was faulty?

My neighbour had a Clio (2002?) that had intermittent starting problems. Turned out to be a dodgy connection on one of the relays in the engine compartment. Dunno which one it was though...sorry!