ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into and no damage?

Impreza Wagon
The other halfs car (2003 Clio) got broken into over the weekend whilst it was parked on the drive. They took a phone charger and sat nav out the glovebox and had a good look through coats etc on the back seat.

When I checked the car over the only thing that was slightly damaged was the corner of the windscreen seal by the door. It was already coming away from the window a small amount but not that bad.

Would they have just stuck something through the door seal and hooked it around the door handle? No paintwork was damaged either which was suprising!

Impreza Wagon
The car had to be unlocked to get into the drivers side though? Once inside she noticed stuff missing...

We've also had a lot of these sort of thefts over the last 4 weeks in the area.

So they locked it again when they left? That's nice of them.

She didn't lock it and she's telling porkies. Fin. CS detectives FTW.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
She's a woman.

The doors were probably not just unlocked, but they were probably open to wash the interior.

TBH leaving the doors unlocked is bi-failing, but leaving coats on the back seat is a tri-fail. b**ches aint s**t.

I remember a few years back me and my hoe went ice skating. Rolled up on the set, b**ch jumps out locks the door, without turning the engine off. Idling for 40 minutes waiting for the AA = fail. They are ALL stupid.

www.renparts.co.uk
Maybe the car has a faulty door solenoid? As in she thinks she's locked it (and drivers side did lock) but passenger side didn't? They are quite a common fault on the mk2 clios

Impreza Wagon
Maybe the car has a faulty door solenoid? As in she thinks she's locked it (and drivers side did lock) but passenger side didn't? They are quite a common fault on the mk2 clios
I'd like to think it has a faulty solenoid but it's more likely to be a faulty finger that didn't press the lock button! However I'll do some testing later on and find out.

2004 182FF
My car randomly unlocks itself. Sometimes I come back to it, blip to unlock, it clunks, try the door and its locked.

Wondered for ages about it, and then caught it one day whilst I was in the garage. It'd been parked up for an hour or so and the bugger opened itself. Keys were in my coat upstairs.

My old 1.2 did it too.

330i. E30 Touring.
It's not impossible to break into without damaging anything.

Give me a bit of garden cain, five minutes and i'll be in.

/gypsy.

Impreza Wagon
I could break into my old 106 with a wire coat hanger in about 30 seconds I imagine the Clio has a similar break it method!

330i. E30 Touring.
I could break into my old 106 with a wire coat hanger in about 30 seconds I imagine the Clio has a similar break it method!

LOL.

Two minutes and a shoe lace- entry to a 106. (;

I really should make a career out of this.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Tbh, she almost certainly left it unlocked. The chances of the one time your car unlocks itself being the one time someone decides to break in are sooo slim.
That, or she pawned your Satnav and is a secret fraudster. Lol.

RS Clio 182
My car randomly unlocks itself. Sometimes I come back to it, blip to unlock, it clunks, try the door and its locked.

Wondered for ages about it, and then caught it one day whilst I was in the garage. It'd been parked up for an hour or so and the bugger opened itself. Keys were in my coat upstairs.

My old 1.2 did it too.

Maybe i'm not going mad after all when i got to unlock my car and its lock.

Saying that though saying she 'did' lock it wouldnt the alarm gone off if they'd tried the old school method?

1.5dci

My old 1.2 did it too.
thats interesting. Think that's what was happening last year, kept thinking i'd must have forgotten to lock it, but always checked that it was locked when I got out. This it might have happened again a few weeks ago though, could decide though. Was starting to worry I wasn't locking it.

Also the other day mine didn't unlock the boot when I opened the doors to get out either, doors unlocked as usual but had to re-lock and unlock to do the boot too, that was annoying

320d
I used to forget to lock my Clio's all the time. The amount of times I walked up to them pressed the key fob and it locked instead of opened was ridiculous.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
On my 172 when u press the key to lock it, it locks all doors but drivers. Took me 2 weeks to notice this. Luckly nothing happened to mine. Maybe ur misses car is doing the same?

Impreza Wagon
I checked it over and it's all working OK. I think she just left it unlocked and we were unlucky as long as they don't touch my car I don't mind :)