ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car buying guide!!!

hi there everyine thinking or getting rid of my little beast just wondering what people may think will be a good guy to have

firstly my car is mk2 172 clio in mint condition just had brand new 172 alloys and tyres fitted with full service history with 56k on the clock..i need 5,900 to clear my finance will i get this or not?

have been looking at the rover zs big car nice speck extremely quick for size anyone got views on this???? can get a black 53 reg with 46k for 4995??

anything else?? 206 gti? etc etc

cheers anyone who can help

206 GTI is a backwards step wouldn't be much different to the Clio. The MG ZS is good value for money and would give you more space.

Chocolate Bar™
I'd say 5900 was maybe a bit optimistic due to the mileage, i'd prob say about 5.5k was more like the figure your looking at depending on reg plate. Also this time of year is piss poor for selling cars.

Wouldnt go from something like a 172 to a pug GTi, as its more of a sidestep and you'll just compare it to the 172 (the fact it wont be as quick ;)). As for the rover, i wouldnt buy one, but whatever floats your boat, depends what your after really, family car, speed etc etc

cheers mate i thought that too i am wanting to try for a fmaily soon and the mg zs certainly look very nice so i can have best of both worlds!!! fast and space and comfort!! he he

Chocolate Bar™
had a loook at the focus ST170s? 5k, for one on around 50k, also all the toys, ford reliablility and a lovely half leather interior. Also a bit more strret cred ;)

cheers middo if i can get a good part ex price from the garage cos of poor sales around this time that would be great i have the cash sorted from a loan to pay for the car straight away like in a bank transfer kind of way

cheers mate i thought that too i am wanting to try for a fmaily soon and the mg zs certainly look very nice so i can have best of both worlds!!! fast and space and comfort!! he he

I guess they are alot cheaper than a meg 225 then.....
A mate of mine has a 55 reg ZR and its a nice new car but little things on it annoy me like the cheap window switches and the recognisable Rover components.

i really like the st 170 mate they look awesome just cant find any within my price range with full service history!!! only have 6k mate

i really like the st 170 mate they look awesome just cant find any within my price range with full service history!!! only have 6k mate

Theres a tasty blue one at a garage local to me:
http://www.motor-drome.co.uk

look under vehicle list, its very clean I looked it over the other day, been for sale for a while so they might come down on price.

EDIT: Just seen Middo's selection this ones well overpriced, like the colour though!

Chocolate Bar™
lol, the blue always sell for much more, as they're alot more desirable and rare

I would defo give the St170 a miss.

I had one and found it boring. Its very high geared and in everyday driving felt slower than my 1.8 focus I had before.
Also don’t believe the bit about reliablility the St170 suffered from many problems all well documented at www.ffoc.co.uk.
From on iv heard the MGZS 180 are meant to be very good and get very high praise for their chassie also a bit of a bargain if a little thirsty.

Chocolate Bar™
mates got a 2.0 zetec and loves that? seems much better made than the clio anyhow. I've heard a lot of bad things about the mgs by contrast, lad down the road from me had to have a complete engine rebuild under waranty... every cars got its horror stories at the end of the day

cheers guys thanks for that just wondered what you think about the corolla t sport toyota are bullet prrof aint they?

Chocolate Bar™
^ i was actually gonna suggest one of those, dont look as nice as the St170, but are probably a better car. Slightly more expensive than the ST170s though so may need to wait for a bargain to come up. Starting at around 5.5k with 70k

cheers mate dont see many of these around and have a good rihgt up for quality anyway and they top out at 140mph!! seen one local to me under 6k with 60k on clock in tunstan grey???? yummy

anyone else got view on what would be a good car to have cheers? what do people think of c2's???

There not bad buy uoi'll loose a fair bit ujnless you get a bargin one.

Corrola boring IMO its relaible though after all its a Toyota.

St170 not bad a bit its no hot hatch though.

Roveres arn't bad parts arn't that difficulto get hold of after all they sold the spares business to Catapillar a few years ago plus they are cheap you can get all sorts of bargin money.
There a load of 2000~1 £5k or less MGF's there very good value realy. Theres a 51 plate with 38k for £4.7k trade

What about Corsa SRi there 1.8 ones there one for £4k 2003 with just 25k private sale

Citreon VTS 2.0 16V sam as the pug 306 GTi realy just cheaper £3k for a 2001 model there a load for sale. For an extra £500 get a 2002 one.

Ford Sport KA good car £5k for a 2004 one. thats at a full dealership plus will have warenty.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Citroen Xsara VTS mebbe, love those cars and they are pretty nippy. easily find one for under £4k

cheers again guys i am going to go out for the day 2mora and test some cars and so what they are like!!! i really want something reliable and bullet proof so i am thinking maybe the toyota which revs to over 8k i believe!!!

test drove a c2 vtr the other day and all i can say is amazing the sensodrive system is awesome not as bad as i thought at all and the car is really really nippy had three people in the car and up a hill it was simply pulling all the way highly recommended think i like alot!!!