ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car buying scam, I think

Recent put may valver up for sale as you may well know..and after a couple of weeks I got this weird email...

"Hello...........
Am keenly intersted in the order of this,1994 (M) Renault Clio 1.8 Hatchback 3d, metallic Sports Blue (449), 78,500 miles, to usa and i have a shiing agency to handle it shipping for me in usa and send me a last asking price and pics attached to my mail box asap if available and the payment will be on united kingdom certified cashier check and will be send to you through my associate in uk, hope to read asap so as to make the payment .do send the name to be on the cashier check and the address to issue the check on as you reply ,include the last asking price you will sell it has i will make the payment upon your urgent reply and comfirm this phone number of yours 07958****** thanks,
regards.."

What do you lot reckon?

Yep its a scam the cheque either bounces or is recalled. normally after it has cleared and the car is gone!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Hed end up sending you a counterfeit cheque for more than the agreed sale value, saying that you could keep half the difference if you release the car before you get confirmation the cheques cleared.

Of course, the cheque is never gonna clear...

Thought as much...you should have seen the reply i gave...would paste but i think I deleted it...Oopps!

It went something like "Cheque or any kind of cashier payment is not acceptable!!......Cash sterling is the only way I will parting with may car" hehehe....never did hear from him again.....

"Jori Fink" he called himself....Batty riding Bumber clot!!!

This bank draft scam is so old you wonder why people keep fallin for it....

Simular to that infamous scam of the Nigerian or South African whos got £14,000,000 and needs you to transfer it into your account and will pay 20% of it or some crap like that....

I always tell them to piss off in the reply mail....

There was that Tv programme on this scam...anybody see it?...damn funny it was..

Check out my post rating.... freaky or what?

i had this, except the person who i was dealing with left some of the above info til much later on in the sale so i didnt give it as much thought as i shud have done

although i have to say mine was to europe, not usa so there are varieties of this about

tell him to send his uk contact with the money in pound notes and re-inburse his uk contact as you only accept UK bankers drafts and pound notes sterling.

well if he wants it so bad and he is genuine, then hell either have to get this import guy to pay you or get his fat american ass into the uk. Seems a bit weird why and american would want a right-hand drive car, plus the gears are different. Must be a scam.