ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Cleaning Product Range

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I'm looking for product name ideas from you wonderful bunch! I'm looking to launch something in the very near future, so if your name is something I pick then I'll be sure to chuck you a discount code when things are live!

Products in discussion are;

• Shampoo
  • Snow foam
  • Wheel Cleaner
  • Interior detailer
  • Fallout Remover
  • Citrus Pre-Wash
  • Quick Detailer

Thank you to anyone who replies, I appreciate it.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking for product name ideas from you wonderful bunch! I'm looking to launch something in the very near future, so if your name is something I pick then I'll be sure to chuck you a discount code when things are live!

Products in discussion are;

• Shampoo
  • Snow foam
  • Wheel Cleaner
  • Interior detailer
  • Fallout Remover
  • Citrus Pre-Wash
  • Quick Detailer

Thank you to anyone who replies, I appreciate it.

Keep it simple and use the above names you have mentioned, focus on brand name and logo along with 'styling' the bottles?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
What’s the brand name? I see as very much a newbie to the detailing world that there are two distinct segments:

1) flashy branding and smelling generic stuff usually pushed by Insta wannabes

2) really good quality products - grown up/boring branding.

either way if you stick a picture of Holly Willoughby in a bikini on the bottle and make it smell like her after a nice long jog. I’m in

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What are your products going to offer over all the other white label stuff that's out just now?

Well for a start I've been working with my suppliers since November last year, trying various revisions of my specified products until happy. I've also had feedback off a couple of people in the trade too. Looking forward to launching and getting peoples opinions.

If im honest, branding and names dont make a difference to me. VFM, quality and the medium it is in/bottles do it for me.

Ive more 5L containers of stuff from AS than i do say AG or whoever else is making products. Seems theres so many 'new' brands as reviewed by many detailers on youtube or forums.

Can you produce snowfoam cheaper than say AS Ultra mousse? (That needs about 50ml to 950ml of water in a bottle?)

G101 comes in a 5l container, would be better if it came with a doser to avoid spillage or be more accurate when decanting - obvs can just use a funnel and pour excess back in though, or buy a 5L pump dispensing lid.

If using spray bottles, ensure quality triggers that dont leak when spraying multiple times.

Name wise...ideally it wants to be like Ronseal's motto i.e. does exactly what it says on the tin...so if its a quick wax, it wants to be quick and easy to apply.

I'd consider combining products with accessories, wheel cleaner with a wheel brush...wax with an applicator pad and a buffing microfibre. Stuff often costs pence but if you dont have the products in the first place, you might not have the correct tools for the job?

Maybe worth sitting down and working out your target market and working out the marketing 4Ps, (Price, product, place and promotion)

You may have trouble with posting certain liquids, is the container postage safe or are you going to get a lot of products returned due to bottle crushed/leaked on delivery?

I imagine you wont be approaching Halfords and getting your products in there (no offence) so are you going to be local supply only?

Good luck and all the best with it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
f**k I'm lacking sleep

Shampoo - Car Shamwoohoo
Snow foam - SnowyMcSnowfoamFace
Wheel Cleaner - Wheely wheely clean wheels (Just for @Daniel )
Interior detailer - I clean the inside of your car
Fallout Remover - Stinks, I know it does
Citrus Pre-Wash - Rate citrus pre-wash
Quick Detailer - Quickest detailer in the west

Aye I deffo need sleep. My head is fucked

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll tell you what I want, what I wheely wheely want...

So tell us what you want, what you wheely wheely want....

giphy-21.gif

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Well for a start I've been working with my suppliers since November last year, trying various revisions of my specified products until happy. I've also had feedback off a couple of people in the trade too. Looking forward to launching and getting peoples opinions.
Hope it goes well for you mate, Market is very crowded so hopefully you have something that stands out a bit.

Any trial packs or sizes gonna be available?

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I would reduce the brand down to 'So:' so that your range looks like:

• So: Wax
  • So: Shampoo
  • So: Snow foam
  • So: Wheel Cleaner
  • So: Interior detailer
  • So: Fallout Remover
  • So: Citrus Pre-Wash
  • So: Quick Detailer
Focus on the product and how good it is, simple. Otherwise pick some mental attention getting names, in which case I suggest:
  • Shampoo - Shampoon
  • Snow foam - Car Jizz
  • Wheel Cleaner - Car Shoe Polish
  • Interior detailer - Ejaculate Remover
  • Fallout Remover - Chernobyl Cleanup
  • Citrus Pre-Wash - Lemony s**t
  • Quick Detailer - CBA Cleaner
Thats my two pence as a designer 😂

@Hxrry btw hope you didn't read my post as negative. Rather you considered all areas of concern first before jumping in with two feet and being stuck with/money sat in essentially multiple IBC loads of products to shift.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Ideally, just like Auto Glym bottles but with the name written down the side of the bottle too. Pisses me off how much shelf space it takes up to have the labels facing the front. If they were stood side on then it’d be less than half.
Such a good idea! The amount of s**t that falls on the floor trying to find a bottle beau W it all has to face the same way! Or colour coded bottle tops! If you could create a colours ‘key’ sticker. Just so when I’m looking in cupboard I can quickly identify the bottle I need! Rather than pulling all the s**t off the shelf

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Such a good idea! The amount of s**t that falls on the floor trying to find a bottle beau W it all has to face the same way! Or colour coded bottle tops! If you could create a colours ‘key’ sticker. Just so when I’m looking in cupboard I can quickly identify the bottle I need! Rather than pulling all the s**t off the shelf
You’d soon run out of colours. A coloured label would be good though, exactly like they have on the front.

I agree about the level indicator. Bit like you get on a litre of oil, down the side

I'd imagine the side level indicator on a bottle like oil bottles might be expensive - but dont disregard just clear or translucent coloured bottles (y)