ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cover for my Clio

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Hi there,
Could anyone recommend a car cover for winter to put my Clio into?

Many thanks
Joe

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I would preferably want a fitted one, with the microfibres inner

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cover zone do good one's, at the moment I have one from Halfords but it no where near as thick as my last cover zone one.

The Halfords cover was £50, cover zone about £120.

172 ph1
I think Machine Mart do a few different models & sizes, might be worth a look.
Think they were quite well priced if I remember correctly, tho not sure of they had the micro-fibre inner.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I really wouldn't bother. The chances of you putting it on more than once are slim and the chances of it getting damaged so someone can see what's under the cover are high.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Mines under a cheapish cover. Works well enough. Keeps the bird s**t, tree wierdness and my neighbours tyre burning ash off. Also holds some tarpaulin round the front wheels which stops the rain bouncing into the discs and me having to grind all the rust off when I take it out once a week. Doesn't seem to be marking the paint with all the taking on and off.

172 Ph1
That's one thing that pee's me off is the discs rusting very quickly through being damp and wet .
Just put new rear discs on and when I walk past the car I'm always looking at the discs ,

"Right time for a hack me thinks"

Lol - I'll just keep up the hack process for now

BG Clio 182
Cover zone do good one's, at the moment I have one from Halfords but it no where near as thick as my last cover zone one.

The Halfords cover was £50, cover zone about £120.
Which one did you buy and will it not mark the paint like rubbing against it? Really might buy one of those.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I bought the padded grey outside cover.

I've owned my car for 5 year's and not a mark on it.
It's always covered up as I don't use it much.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
First thing to check is that the cover is specifically tailored for the car model;if not, don;t buy,.Second, check the UV rating(in Arizona sunshine weeks), the breathability,(in litres per 24 hours per square metre)-if figures not forthcoming don't buy.Ignore all vendors that state Its 95% waterproof ,mate-they don't know what they are talking about,the measurement is in millimetres, 1000mm being a reasonable figure.
Of course, I have been making covers for 35 years, so I should be expected to know.

First thing to check is that the cover is specifically tailored for the car model;if not, don;t buy,.Second, check the UV rating(in Arizona sunshine weeks), the breathability,(in litres per 24 hours per square metre)-if figures not forthcoming don't buy.Ignore all vendors that state Its 95% waterproof ,mate-they don't know what they are talking about,the measurement is in millimetres, 1000mm being a reasonable figure.
Of course, I have been making covers for 35 years, so I should be expected to know.

Any particular cover you'd recommend for a Clio mate?

That isn't going to make me feel like i've been raped, dry.

Swift Sport
@coverman

I have a Stormforce fitted car cover for my 23yr old MX-5, but I'm worried about using it over winter and encouraging condensation = rust.
It's a breathable cover and wasn't cheap, but would you recommend using it over winter or not?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@coverman

I have a Stormforce fitted car cover for my 23yr old MX-5, but I'm worried about using it over winter and encouraging condensation = rust.
It's a breathable cover and wasn't cheap, but would you recommend using it over winter or not?

They are fine, ive now got a Halfords cover because the birds pecked away my stormforce one.

I do miss having the mirror pockets.

Listerine & Poledo
@coverman

So long as it covers past the sills, you'll be fine. I had one for my old Mk.2 for winter....but as a daily it was a bind to bother with and was quickly disregarded.

I have this custom one, rarely used though (very old pic)

myv66.jpg

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0360_zps90ae9061.jpg

IMG_0365_zpsf0de586b.jpg

Fits snug, I think it was made by 'Custom Car Covers' or something like that, don't remember, but these tailored multi-layer covers are quite expensive (£250-£300), wish I had remembered to fit it over the last few weeks to prevent all the firework blat.