ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cutting out over 4000rpm

I own a 52 plate 172 cup with 88,000 miles on the clock. I havnt had it long but now everytime I drive it hard I get a lot of judder then the engine cuts out. Any ideas? It has a magnex exhaust and k&n fitted.

Regards.

200bhp 172 cup
I own a 52 plate 172 cup with 88,000 miles on the clock. I havnt had it long but now everytime I drive it hard I get a lot of judder then the engine cuts out. Any ideas? It has a magnex exhaust and k&n fitted.

Regards.

try the tdc sensor on top of the gearbox cost around 40 quid from renault, is the engine completely cutting out dead?? or missfiring?? if it's missfiring check your spark plugs, leads, and coil pack

Thanks,

It cuts out dead and the only way to get it going is to turn of the ignition and back on again. Not ideal. Also the service light is on? It will be due a service soon but is this normal?

03 RS clio 172 flameR
its only normal if your driving chitty chitty bang bang, id say the TDC sensor or a fooked oxygen sensor, these can put it in limp mode.