ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car goes into limp mode when aircon is turned on

Strange problem, My car goes into limp mode when ever ac is turned on. The litle life sign light comes on and it wont rev past 3k. turn off the engine turn off aircon and start itm its fine? There is no overheating and car is making no funny noises.

What could it be?

Thanks for your help

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Had this problem on a Renault Safrane many years ago. Turned out to be a bad earth between the body and gearbox. On the clio, the earth lead is just below the battery box / N/S headlamp area and bolts onto the gearbox close to the clutch cable. Worth removing it, clean the surfaces and refit.

Hope that helps.

Had this problem on a Renault Safrane many years ago. Turned out to be a bad earth between the body and gearbox. On the clio, the earth lead is just below the battery box / N/S headlamp area and bolts onto the gearbox close to the clutch cable. Worth removing it, clean the surfaces and refit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers mate will give it a go.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
dont supposed its been raining heavily up there as well?

i was driving to work the fault came up after going though a puddle.
i reset the car and it was fine again.
next i put the aircon on the clear the window and the light came on again.

i have no idea whats causing this.

please let me know if u get a definate answer!

dont supposed its been raining heavily up there as well?

i was driving to work the fault came up after going though a puddle.
i reset the car and it was fine again.
next i put the aircon on the clear the window and the light came on again.

i have no idea whats causing this.

please let me know if u get a definate answer!

yes it was. It was fine but the engine check light was on. I fixed my laptop then plugged in the rstuner. cleared the codes and now it seems fine but its like i think there is something wrong.