ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car goes stall when cold start

Clio RS 172
Hi all, i'm new in this forum:rasp: , my ride is Clio RS 172 2002 model, i got a problem when i start my car in cold morning(which is just 10degree, not very cold compare to some other countries)... when i start my car, the rev goes under 500 and stalled....:dead: , then i start my car again, everthing just fine, idle around 1200 and back to around 800 after warm up... been having this situation few times, stall in the first start...and the second start was fine...

sometime when i notice the rev going too low and nearly stall i add a bit gas on it, and the idle will back to normal as well...

strange situation huh? anybody has this kind of problem before? any advise?thank you:)

forgive my english plz~ coz my english sux:lolup:

Clio RS 172
o...plz help~.~

will it caused by the spark plug? mine has done 33000km and the spark never been replaced.... wanna have some idea what might cause the stall before i go to the garage...thank you

Clio RS 172
I'm guessing you have a Clio this style http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=355&cat=509 if so then its a few possibilities firstly I'd check the throttle body for dirt and blockages then the tdc sensor then the map sensor.

yes, mine is in this shape, but 2.0 ltr instead of 2.2ltr

thanks for advise, but can anyone show me the pic of engine bay to specify which one is throttle body,tdc sensor and map sensor?

cheers~

I'm guessing you have a Clio this style http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=355&cat=509 if so then its a few possibilities firstly I'd check the throttle body for dirt and blockages then the tdc sensor then the map sensor.

thanks for advise, but can anyone show me the pic of engine bay to specify which one is throttle body,tdc sensor and map sensor?

cheers~

Err where did th 2.2 liter bit come form all 172 and 182 are 2.0 liter

Map sensor is at the end of the intake bit which says renaultsport (its on the R of renault sport bit)

Throttle body is at the other end of the bit and has a pipe to the air intake.

TDC sensor is between the engine and gearbox at the top as such.

Clio RS 172

cheers~

Err where did th 2.2 liter bit come form all 172 and 182 are 2.0 liter

Map sensor is at the end of the intake bit which says renaultsport (its on the R of renault sport bit)

Throttle body is at the other end of the bit and has a pipe to the air intake.

TDC sensor is between the engine and gearbox at the top as such.

thanks for telling...will try take it these stuffs out to have a look.. what should i use to clean these stuffs??? can i simply use clothes to clean it?:rolleyes: