ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car going forward with clutch in an high revs..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio182 & Clio4 0.9T
Hey Guys..

Can anyone tell me why my car goes a little forward when I press the clutch in an rev to redline?

Thanks!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
why do you feel the need to sit there and rev it to the redline?

Hey Guys..

Can anyone tell me why my car goes a little forward when I press the clutch in an rev to redline?

Thanks!

because your clutch friction plate is slightly touching the flywheel , thus giving a small amount of drive .....

and by doing it you will wear your clutch out faster than normal , however that's likely to be the least of your worries.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
what the heck is a red robot?

i still dont see why you have the need to rev it to the redline?
was this to show off to the 15yo girls walking past?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
I have an image in my head of someone at a traffic light, revving the nuts off their car, whilst slowly creeping forwards - I can't imagine that you actually do this, do you?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol at actually redlining your car whilst pressing the clutch in. Not sure if trolling or just a r****d. If the driver of a car I was passenger in did this, I'd get out and walk to my destination through sheer embarrassment.

53 Clio's & counting
because your clutch friction plate is slightly touching the flywheel , thus giving a small amount of drive .....

and by doing it you will wear your clutch out faster than normal , however that's likely to be the least of your worries.

This has answered your question - as suggested it is advisable to not rev to the redline at a standstill for 2 reasons:

A: it makes you look a prat

And

B: the optimum launch for a 172/182 would be around 3500 revs - this is enough to use the power/torque of the engine as well as the balance of weight distribution of the car as it launches and without braking traction of tyres - launching at 7000 rpm will leave you sat in a cloud of smoke/gearbox bits

Status
Not open for further replies.