ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car has trouble staying at a steady speed

182FF
Weird one this but I'll try to explain it the best i can.

When I'm cruising along at say 70mph with my foot steady on the accelerator pedal the car will slow down all of a sudden as I've took my foot off the pedal. When I do take my foot of the pedal and put it back on it'll speed back up again. It did this a couple of times and I pulled over turned the car on and off and it stopped.

Today however I was on the cruise control set to 70 and the car totally on it's own it wud slow down the 2-3 seconds later accelerate back up to 70 then do it again.

Anybody any idea what this could be? Anybody experienced it before?

Rich

CLIO 172 CUP....
emm.. i have the same problom as you. but the car still drives well tho.

just like you said weird aint the word some one on here most of had this experience.

just have to wait and see what peaple come up with.

182FF
Yeah hopefully somebody does have a clue what it is. It's not all the time aswell it's just a random occurrence n all other times the car is fine.

It's literally like I've took my foot off the pedal but I havnt. Then when the cruise control did it aswell I thought I best ask on here.

182FF with cup packs
It would sound like some sort of issue with the electronic throttle.

If the throttle peddle position sensor is faulty it'll suddenly send no signal to the ECU and will stop accelerting, then it reconnects and you go back to the previous throttle position.

That's a wild guess though :_)

182FF
This is what I originally thought. You thinking maybe the switch on the pedal itself? That shudnt be too hard to replace I wouldn't have thought. Didn't want to just go replacing things invade somebody had experienced it and knew exactly what it was. Does seem to be many people having this fault tho so might be replacing time.