ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car holder

White APE
Evening all.

I'm looking to get a holder for my 5c to fit on the dash of the car (mk7 fiesta) without any drilling etc. Would also like it to have a built in charger.

What would you all recommend?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I use the Brodit Proclip on my Mondeo, sort of hooks behind the dash, no drilling. Not cheap but do work very well.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yup Brodit all day long. Much better off getting the vent ones rather than the glovebox ones mind... they're expensive yes but I take them from car to car.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Brodit. Close thread.

This.

I bought a vent one for my van off of amazon for £12, utter crap, everytime you went round a bend the bloody thing moved side to side.

Now got a Brodit that sits by the glove box, very well made and fits great.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Completely disagree with that as I found the glove box one useless, it fell out a few times per week. Gave up and bought a vent one and it's been absolutely spot on :p everyone's different I guess lol.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The Brodit one is early secured by using stringer double sided tape. The stuff you get with it isn't great. I used some I got with a number plate I bought. Been in place for over a year and hasn't moved once.

White APE
I'm properly confused with the brodits. There seems s**t loads that look the same but vary in price by about £30.

Is this what I need?
9e7uqyha.jpg

Then screw this to the above?
ehudazyt.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I just went with the one that you plug your own charger into. I was cheaper and it's no hassle plugging your cable in as apposed to having one permanently attached.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I spent years "doing it properly" with brodit stuff.

In the end its a huge ballache. Especially when you (presumably) have Sync fitted. The Sync app link update is on the horizon and personally i wouldn't bother with a holder at all.

I'm currently running one of these and its pretty decent.
1.jpg

More importantly its not semi permanent like the brodit solution.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I have the non-permanent Brodit hold for my 1 Series - it's awesome, you can remove it in under a minute if needed and doesn't leave any marks etc.

I had what Tom linked to above in my Mondeo however found the suction pad gave up after 6 months or so - it was one of the official ones too, can't remember the name of it though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I have no idea what sync is. My Brodit is a holder for my phone that I plug my charger into. It links to the head unit via Bluetooth. Had it for about 18 months and it's brilliant imo.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've had a montar universal car mount and a Belkin car charger for around 2 years. Best in car holder IMO. It's on my dash constantly and it has only ever fallen off once when it was silly warm last year. It fastens to the dash with a sticky suction cup that leaves no marks too.

Both can be found on Amazon for sale. I hope this helps