ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car in limp mode, warning light illuminated

I have a black 172. And recently have had problems with it going into limp mode. This then makes the electronic fault light come on and then the engine management light on too. Once the car is turned off and on again the light goes off and drives fine for a number of yards but inevitably goes back into limp mode again.

Have used my cheap code reader and found fault but there is no code, I can clear it but it comes back after driving the car again.

Having owned clios In the past I'm thinking it's something to do with the coils. As they have gone wrong before, however I don't want to buy parts when I'm not 100% sure.

I can swap the pack with my brothers 172 but won't be able to do so until Thursday, so was wondering if anybody had any ideas?

Cheers

Henry

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i had this a month ago mine was the crank sensor and i had a new battery that fixed it

So yesterday I had a look at the ht leads and one of the 4 was very rusty compared to the other 3, probably meaning water gets in there, anyway I gave it a clean with some brake cleaner and it has been fine since, could this have solved the issue? Would rust be the culprit ?
a6y9y5eh.jpg