ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurance

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'd leave the policy to lapse if that was the case. I've never paid more than an admin fee for cancelling a policy and I never will either.
That's exactly what I did mate. They told me they'd remove my reg from the policy so that if the new owner had a crash there would be no link back to me.
So I carried on paying the same price for an insurance policy with ZERO RISK to them ever paying out. I then put my track car onto it a few months later with the intention of letting the policy run out and then reinsuring with someone else. However, I stupidly forgot to cancel the auto renewal and didn't realise for a few weeks, so ended up stuck with them again for another year lol.
Luckily I am now out of their grasp haha

Admiral wanted to increase my premium from £450 for the VRS to £900 this year. Rang them and did the usual ‘what’s the best price’ and got £50 off.

Quick trip to compare the market and got it for £400 with Quote me happy.

Why do they have to make it such a pain in the ass every year?

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I used to be with Flux years ago on my pug, was much cheaper with them by miles all mods declared but then renewals went up each year and the dreaded cancellation fee so not gone back.

With Quote Me Happy for just over a year on the 4x4 with me and a new driver (the missus less than a year at the time of starting it) and it's gone down by £100 this renewal plus was the cheapest out of any.

I have had one incident whereby some drove into the back of us with it in the past year and a new windscreen claimed through them and yet it came down, best experience I have ever had with insurance, plus they are Internet based only but you can still call them by calling through Aviva and they are very helpful over the phone so sticking with it for now.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Admiral wanted to increase my premium from £450 for the VRS to £900 this year. Rang them and did the usual ‘what’s the best price’ and got £50 off.

Quick trip to compare the market and got it for £400 with Quote me happy.

Why do they have to make it such a pain in the ass every year?

Because people who can't be arsed to shop around or negotiate a better dealer pay for those who do.
I have NEVER paid a renewal figure in my life.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Renewal of £650 came through from Hastings. Online quote and they were £385 including driving other peoples cars. Rang to cancel and asked why. She matched the £385 quote. Happy with that tbh.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Renewal of £650 came through from Hastings. Online quote and they were £385 including driving other peoples cars. Rang to cancel and asked why. She matched the £385 quote. Happy with that tbh.

Standard.

Altho this year was a ballache thanks to the thieving Manc scumbags deciding to take my Civic, last year.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
In the past I either haven't bothered or when I have rang, sorry nothing we can do. I expected that tbh.

It's the driving other cars that policies don't seem to include. This one does at under £2 a month extra over a standard policy. The likes of brentacre/sky weren't competitive.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
500 for the Skoda and 300 for the Ep3.

Brentacre didn't want to insure me as did a few others. Had to use 2 different insurers this time too. Doesn't sound too bad but I've moved to a much less risky postcode since, too.

Last year was 700 for both the Ep3 and Fn2 with Flux and (cough, cough, C-units - ERS) in a less desirable postcode.

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
My renewal price with Greenlight reduced this year which was a welcomed surprise and that included an SP30!!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My renewal with sky was a good chunk cheaper this year too. Worth much more than spending hours ringing round and reeling a list of mods off several times. What joy it must be to have a standard car!

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Pff so true, I spent all day ringing insurance companies on Tuesday, nothing worse than to spend an hour on the phone to get a quote of 2400 pounds.. No thank you!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Pff so true, I spent all day ringing insurance companies on Tuesday, nothing worse than to spend an hour on the phone to get a quote of 2400 pounds.. No thank you!
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.