ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurers for 182

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Can anyone recommend any good car insurance companies for my 182. I'm currentl with Privelidge but don't want to stay with them as they're really useless.

24 yrs old, full license, full no claims discount apart from 1 claim unsettled from this summer that Im trying to take to court.

Loads of companies keep telling me I'm to young to buy a car like that, to which I reply I've already owned the car for 2 years

Golf GT & A4 Avant
over £1000 for both of them. Privelidge are coming back at £700 but they won't do anything about my claim unless I chase them and threaten to speak to citizens advise

MY10 R35 GTR
try A plan mate

01635 874646

they gave me a quote of £740. Im 23 with 4NCD 3 points and one claim. Cars been lowered aswell

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Privilege are still the best at £700

2nd are Tesco and Adrian Flux at £800/£850
Ashbourne told me to stay with my current insurer

A - Plan I'm waiting for them to phone me back as they have to check on it.
Not tried Halifax, there next!

It must be becasue I've got an unsettled claim that they don't want to quote me. Bloody stupid flower delivery woman:mad:

Ly meg R26
im 21, 1 year no claims, got a 182, £800 fully comp..with churchill muticar, i did get quotes up to £6000 lol .ring around mate

Ly meg R26
all u need is another car in your house hold, they add everything up, and even it out, e.g my mums car citron c3 purial + my 182, my mum has max no claims, i had 1 years no claim, hers was dirt cheap and i just paid for the rest.. plus my car is garaged,alarmed, fairly low crime area, it all ad's up

Tangoed Works
try greenlight mate, after getting quoted at least £1000 from 2 insurers and the rest saying 2k plus, they came in at 692. 24 3yrs ncb no points , e london post code.

Ad

MK2 FRS
dont got with tesco/renault/directline/egg/virgin if you dont like privilege all the same underwriter and same calims handling.

I found privilege to be spot on with my claims. You do have to chase but that will always be the case.

With Aplan atm, and the service is good, but havent had to claim. Thankfully. Push them hard on price if they dont beat you quote, they usually can get there.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
get anything back from a plan yet?

Still waiting for them to phone me back after I gave them all my details.
I couldn't get a quote from performance direct, said I had already logged in before and needed my password, I'd never used them before?

Privilege are still coming out top at £700

Golf GT & A4 Avant
did you ring halifax...or do an online quote

they beat A plan (just) for me

I went online with Halifax and they would not let me proceed any further and this notice came up in red at the side of the screen:

'your carWe are unable to offer you a Halifax Car Insurance quote online due to your age and the vehicle you have selected. Please call our Contact Centre instead on 0845 608 9913 who may be able to offer you a quote (office hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 2pm)'

considering I've been insuring it since I was 22 at not too disimilar prices I'm getting now I'm getting a little P*SS*D OFF with it all

I'll be calling them tomorrow and have a little fun with the call centre I think!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
nightmare trying to insure the 182 dependant on postcode!
i had no problems whatsoever at my durham address for uni (age 20 with 1 yrs NCB £900) but now at my blackburn address as i didnt go back 2 uni i couldnt get it under 3 grand, Bell are the cheapest at £1,400 for 10 months

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i had no problems with the 182 :eek: sorry to hear Dave - now tyring to get insurance for my elise (new) at 25 that was hard lol!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
christ.
im 21 and insured my name, fully comp, 3 points, worst postcode, lowered 40mm and protected ncd, hire car etc for £700 for 12 mnths.
just took it out on sat with priviledge.

whats the problem with the claim ? why are they not paying out.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
christ.
im 21 and insured my name, fully comp, 3 points, worst postcode, lowered 40mm and protected ncd, hire car etc for £700 for 12 mnths.
just took it out on sat with priviledge.

whats the problem with the claim ? why are they not paying out.

Don't tell me things like that!!!!

She didn't give way at a side road, pulled out infront of me and forced me onto the wrong side of the road to avoid hitting her, then turned right across me leaving me nowhere to go. she then has the cheeck to accuse me of trying to overtake her.
TAKE IT TO COURT I say

ST
I'm £880 on the R, 22 Y/O, 10,000 miles, 2 years NCB, 1 50/50 accident in my dynamique nearly 3 years ago, Glasgow post code, garaged, mum on the policy..

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
jesus use dont wanna come to northern ireland, theres no hope yas would get insured for that low, like over thousand one comment said. f**k if it was that cheap here id be over the moon and wud be driving one.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
im 20 (2months til 21) 1 yrs NCB, 3 yrs driving, miles, £1,000 excess, blackburn postcode (half price at durham grrr) driveway, dad and bfs dad on policy!

ST
£1000 excess ffs!! Isurance companies are rippin b@stards!!

My excess is only £350..

Anni, would it be worth insuring the car for 2 months until your 21 with say elephant, cancel the policy, then get quotes when you turn 21, if saves a few hundred quid over the year it'd be worth it..

You could maybe try a few 'mock' quotes, as in shifting your birth date 2 months forward to see if it makes a difference??

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
thats what i planned on doin yeah alan. but with bell it only goes down £200 when im 21 so hardly worth it considering iv gotta pay £45 cancellation fee.

i thought i cud pay £146 a month for 2 months til im 21 then cancel, but with bell u either pay £1,465 in one go or its £225 or something to pay monthly which works out at £2,200 or something crazy!!!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
and regarding the excess, ive not had an accident in 3yrs of driving...so im gonna have 2 risk hoping that will continue! lol

just effing annoying that im the same person and details, just a different postcode which makes it go up from £900 to £1465!

i get it a bit cheaper too with being a "medical" student

Golf GT & A4 Avant
my policy is for it parked on the driveway so I asked about it garaged and it went down £90, but it would have cost £140 to rent an empty garage round the corner

tried 4 more companies today, all set nearly £2000 becasue I'm too young at 24?

ST
Cant you just insure the car at home?

If anything happens to it you were 'visiting' for the night?

Awaits all the insurance 'goody goodies' to shoot me down..

Golf GT & A4 Avant
22 - 3 points - 2 Yrs NCB - £650 FC with elephant

And i live about 10 miles from you!

How? is it garaged in an air raid bunker/ armed guards with Rotweilers?

24, 25 in January, parked on driveway, no points or convictions, full NCB as I protected it last year so this unsettled claim shouldn't affect it. And every one seems to be rubbing there hands together. renewal is Friday and I cant beat privilege's renewal quote

Megane Trophy
mines garaged, £300 excess, and as i had my 2ltr 16v corsa insured with them since i was 19 ive just kept changing the cars.

Not sure why mines so cheap, maybe as ive had a group 16 car for the last 3-4 years with them?