ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified 182 - road legal - who best to approach for insurance?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I’m with greenlight. Initially when getting a rough quote before buying the guy he didn’t even quote me lol, just said roughly this much. Okay.

When I did get the car he undercut brentacre. I pay £399 and unlimited mods etc. did declare my cams etc.
If i'd ripped the seats/airbags out, stuck a cage in, and basically ruined the car, it would have been cheaper. Insurance is weird.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If i'd ripped the seats/airbags out, stuck a cage in, and basically ruined the car, it would have been cheaper. Insurance is weird.
I had the same with them. Not enough mods, err yeah it's a road you muppets. Keith Michael's are solidly on my s**t list after asking what my renewal was an offering me a fiver off. 😆🖕. Insurance is weird for sure.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
I've always insured my modified cars with Greenlight, but on this occasion tried Adrian Flux and the lad was brilliant.

Greenlight were like "that's the price for today, ring back tomorrow and it could go up, do you want it yes or no". No, thank you!

Apparently, my 182 isn't as modified as they'd like, so I have to pay a premium. And of course, the likes of eSure won't touch it.

All original factory parts, except for AST 5100 coilovers, Recaro Pole Positions and Pure Motorsport Racing Exhaust with 200 cell Sports Cat.

£370 per year, 6,000 miles per annum, insured at home and in storage.

Pretty happy with that.
Hi.
Glad we could help out with a competitive quotation.
Regards,
Dan.

Greenlight wouldn't cover my clio when I moved into an OL16 postcode 🤣🤣 Was ridiculous as it's just a blanket do not insure!

Went with flux in the end. I hate insurance renewal day.
Louis, I see you're a fellow Manc, can you recommend a local garage?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Louis, I see you're a fellow Manc, can you recommend a local garage?
I do all the work myself mate so I don't know of any sorry!

I used to go see Carl in the wirral and he was sound. Depends what you're wanting done? Where in manc are you?

Recommend any bodyshops? 👀

I do all the work myself mate so I don't know of any sorry!

I used to go see Carl in the wirral and he was sound. Depends what you're wanting done? Where in manc are you?

Recommend any bodyshops? 👀
I can indeed recommend a bodyshop, Vlad in Segdley Park Industrial Estate - Softtouchdetailing - 07459131299, right next to the pricks at Sedgley Park Motors.
He repainted and stage 1'd my Black Gold 182 a few weeks ago, it looked like a black mirror, lovely job, better than new.

Wirral is a bit far, took it to Wigan last time (BTT) and I won't be doing that again.

It was running really rich and then spluttering/farting through the gears so with my limited knowledge I believe it needs new injectors. And a wheel sensor. I live in Ancoats.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
FYI - Quotes varied by some £100 - Brentacre were the cheapest and also the most comprehensive as there's a loooong list of modifications

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Have you tried Hagerty? You don’t build up a no claims bonus as it’s treated as a classic policy with them but they seem relatively competitive.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Have you tried Hagerty? You don’t build up a no claims bonus as it’s treated as a classic policy with them but they seem relatively competitive.
Brentacre mirrored my 9+ years NCB on another car hence cheaper cost for same insurance - sent them proof of it from the other insurance company and all good :)