ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is full of water!!

BG 182 & 225 T
My car had sat for 3 weeks only been driven 2 miles in that time, and I have come home to a car full of water!! The drivers footwell was soaking, under the seat and rear footwell was quite wet too, I lifted the carpets and foam padding which was soaked right through and had to dry the metal floor.

I went to drive it with the carpet etc out drying and can hear water swooshing back and forth in the drivers sill as I brake and accelerate! Days later I'm still having to dry the carpet and the sills are still gradually leaking out water!

Is there any common fault to this leak or anyone experienced this before, through the bulk head or anything like that? Windows have been up so isn't that.

Appreciated the help!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Drainage ducts in your scuttle panel... Prone too blocking up!
Mine did it & was the one in the middle

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I've had this problem. It leaked in two different places. The first was under the wipers on the driver's side, there was a large amount of road gunk blocking drainage channels that resulted in water filling up behind the bulkhead.

The second was under the washer water container on the passenger side. The bolt for the heater matrix had come loose and so allowed water through the small gap and to trickle down the passenger footwell, filling up under the seat and rear footwell.

It's an annoying one to fix since you have to remove the wiper mechanism, but should at least be fairly easy to do if it's the same issue.