ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is in with GDI

330Ci Sport Convertible
Managed to destroy the gearbox on the 172 so it is in with GDI for a rebuild.

Once i get it back are there any limitations as to use [as with a engine rebuild]?

330Ci Sport Convertible
nope, as long as its rebuilt properly it'll be fine "as good as new"

no need to run it in etc

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

Gearbox being rebuilt by A1 gearboxes i believe. So back to hooning it to work and back soon enough.

Was going to see if i could have a longer 5th gear [if that makes sense]

330Ci Sport Convertible
Wont know until tomorrow as it is dependant on what they find but GDI said budget for between £200 [min damage] and £350 [full rebuild]

330Ci Sport Convertible
Danny do you work for GDI? Was it you i spoke to last week when i dropped the car off?

330Ci Sport Convertible
Hi mate. Phoned today to check on progress. Any chance it will be ready for Friday/Saturday?

Some lovely cars parked outside btw.

williams 2 turbo
my car should be back there for friday/saturday. would'nt take it anywhere else. just have to put the engine back in. have a look, you can't miss it.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Gearbox is a gonna, not a gear left in it that is of any use!

full rebuild then??

mine n my mates 3rd gear is a pain

crunch everytime we change up to it (yes we use a clutch)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
sourcing another box. reconditioner said it's the worst box they've ever seen from any car :S

we are looking at coming to you to have them done

what cost of reconditioned box plus fitting?? with better selectors is it??

ITB'd Ph1 172
Its done 64k now.

Got another box from a ph1 that had only covered 30k. Maybe see you tomorrow Danny with any luck. Thank Bex for me for keeping me informed mate please.

No probs Mark! I'll let you know when everything arrives! :)

330Ci Sport Convertible
No probs Mark! I'll let you know when everything arrives! :)

Thankyou

I am like an expectant father again today! Want my baby and if the gearbox has arrived at GDI then the car is well into Labour :rasp:

ITB'd Ph1 172
Well mark, gearbox is here and clutch has just arrived from Renault! :)

Labour starts now........ :)

Clio 182 RB
My car was crunching in 2nd going into 3rd!!took to my garage under warranty! said it was f**ked...so put a new one in...and thought it would be okay...push the car and change gear quite quick!!! ended up breaking that gear box in a week...took it back put another new one in now and said dont go over 3k for the first 1000 miles....just gone past the 1000 mark and gearbox is fine...push it as hard as i want !!!!:)

ITB BG 182
Its only money!
See its only money and the knowing fact that your car is being fixed and repaired and put back together by people who actually know what they are doing and have done this sort of work for many years and not by some 2 bit monkies who claim to be proffesionals

330Ci Sport Convertible
Not what ive done tbh, i bought the car in August for my wife [dont know why as she has a Puma already]. She has barely driven it so i have been using it for the 80 mile a day commute,its more economical than my Alfa and a lot more fun :D

Last edited:
  330Ci Sport Convertible
See its only money and the knowing fact that your car is being fixed and repaired and put back together by people who actually know what they are doing and have done this sort of work for many years and not by some 2 bit monkies who claim to be proffesionals

The reputation of GDI is what made me goto them. From the support i have had so far the rep is warranted.

ITB BG 182
Dont worry mate i would praise the earth they walk on with whats gone off on my car, and the customer service i got. Altho i have become their own stalker.

330Ci Sport Convertible
My car was crunching in 2nd going into 3rd!!took to my garage under warranty! said it was f**ked...so put a new one in...and thought it would be okay...push the car and change gear quite quick!!! ended up breaking that gear box in a week...took it back put another new one in now and said dont go over 3k for the first 1000 miles....just gone past the 1000 mark and gearbox is fine...push it as hard as i want !!!!:)

The box i have, that wont be an issue. Its done 30k miles already so should just be able to give it some straight off. Got a couple of lads from Renault in at work this week who are going to take a look at the engine for me.