ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Issues AGAIN!!

So this morning, jumped in the car started fine, driving fine... all good i thought.

About 2 miles down the road in slow moving traffic (about 15mph) i was going along ok and just giving it light throttle then all of a sudden it jerks/hesitates then fine again. Does this a couple of times so i dip the clutch and rev it and see if it still does it but it revs all the way fine.

Drive off normally and still doing it. Decided to park the car up as i could be doing without it totally giving up on my 40 min journey to work through the middle of nowhere.

Initially i'm thinking the sensor on the gearbox again but it was replaced about 2 years ago. Could it really give up that soon?

So does anyone have any ideas?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Could be all sorts of things.

You could start by randomly replacing things until you find the right one, but my advice would be to get it to someone with CLIP an hour of labour to find the fault will save you money.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Mine did a similar thing to this and it turned out to be a shagged lamda sensor

Did you ever find out who shagged it?

If that's that case it's a poor show from the sensor, I still think mothers is on the originals after almost 11 years and 65k.. After market/pattern parts suck ball bag..

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Did you ever find out who shagged it?

If that's that case it's a poor show from the sensor, I still think mothers is on the originals after almost 11 years and 65k.. After market/pattern parts suck ball bag..

I thought it was fairly well documented on here that lamda sensors are prone to fail on Clio's?

I think I replaced mine with Bosch units.

a couple of people on FB suggest Lamdba too so will unplug it and see if it changes the situation...

If it is, i have 2x Bosch ones that are less than a year old :wink:

If it is i'll take them both, only need one but it would seem my Bosch one has possibly died after 2 years so a spare would go down a treat

yeah although i may have to come up sooner if it does need to be replaced, use the car for work so use it every day and cant drive it around too long with no lambda