ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Car keeps cutting out** HELP

Nike Lunar Elite's

Ive been having probs with my clio recently (mk2 p1). I will turn the ignition on but the immobiliser light keeps flashing and the engine stops, prob doesnt even stay on for 1 second. It doesnt always do it, but can do it as many as 4 times before it finally starts. Then tonight, the same happened but when i tried to start the car again it just refused to even attempt to start. But then i turned the interior light off, tried again and pumped the throttle for about 5 secs and it eventually started.

Anyone know what could be wrong and how much i would be looking to pay to get it sorted?

youd really have to get it on the CLIP computer at a dealer, its probably the immor or an array of sensor faults.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i aint no expert mate but ive knowen this to happen on other cars and its been the ecu if its that your need a re-map or replacement not sure how much by they way ive only known this to happen with in 2-4 years of the car being made hope this helps a bit mate

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

hmmm, interesting one...

have you tried leaving the battery off for 30 mins and reconnecting??

Andy

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its a clio 2 then most likely the transponder key or the reciever ring at fault. have had a few wiring faults with engine looms on them as well. your dealer should only charge you a set diagnostic fee to have a quick look with clip.