ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car keeps randomly switching off? (2002 1.2 16v)

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Hi all, I seem to have a strange issue with my car where it will just randomly switch off, it has happened to me 4 times now. It started last Wednesday, car just turned off while stopped at lights and then again about 5 mins later while I was rolling very slowly up to a junction. Car was totally fine until it happened again yesterday on my way home where it switched off while I stopped at some lights then again about 10 seconds later at another set of lights.
Every time it has happened, its been while i'm stopped/moving very slowly with the clutch down. Also, there is no jerking or anything like that, it just switches off quietly and I never realised until I tried to move off again. Its not a huge issue however as the car turns back on immediately no issues but obviously its something that I would like to prevent from happening again. Anyone got any ideas? -Cheers

megane 285 sport
Yeh, could get away with cleaning the tip with abit of wire whool, and i dont know if the the metal tabs are earth related but give them a clean aswel.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Change it. It'll get worse and cleaning it is normally only sticking a bandage on the problem.
I'll clean it first. It may be that's it not even the problem? If it obviously is and it doesn't get better then I'll replace it.